Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're buying a $50,000+ vehicle and another $2500 for Sasquatch will break you? If that's the case, maybe you should re-consider your purchase.
I'm paying cash and can afford it.
Affordability has nothing to do with paying cash versus financing. When you can finance it at 0.98-percent, it makes little sense to take cash out of investments earning several times that in order to pay cash for a depreciating product. Affordability isn't even a factor.
Sponsored

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked this very question to the Ford rep at the event I was at yesterday. The answer he gave me was that there are several different brake lights for different tire sizes. So you may need to purchase the correct light for 35’s. My issues is how will a 37 fit.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting that it is quite different from the jeep. There is no exterior mounting plate. This leads me to believe that if you delete the carrier all you would have is x number of holes. With some body matching plugs it could come out clean.
I think it might be a cool look not to have a spare tire and/or carrier on the back. Perhaps you could get the FORD letters from an EB site and re-create the original look.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that it is quite different from the jeep. There is no exterior mounting plate. This leads me to believe that if you delete the carrier all you would have is x number of holes. With some body matching plugs it could come out clean.
I think it might be a cool look not to have a spare tire and/or carrier on the back. Perhaps you could get the FORD letters from an EB site and re-create the original look.
...and then I ran over a nail

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're buying a $50,000+ vehicle and another $2500 for Sasquatch will break you? If that's the case, maybe you should re-consider your purchase.

I'm paying cash and can afford it. In the end I still switched from Badlands to Base 2.7L Squatch because I didn't want to spend a bunch of extra money for what's not really important.

Switching to 35" tires has a cost. You're also going to have to deal with mounting the spare. More importantly, you will not have the additional lift needed for 35s that Sasquatch comes with. Badlands also has 10mm more travel than Squatch, so just slapping on 35s will cause issues. This doesn't even mention recalibration needed for speedo, etc.

Ford marketing seems to have gotten the better of you.
Weird flex but ok ....

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW I have paid close attention to this when I was looking at a Badlands and First Edition at a local dealer event and found that the third light mounts are slightly different and do not seem to be adjustable. The Sasquatch version of the mount sits noticeably higher on the tailgate and thus also needs longer rubber bushings that rest on the tailgate itself. I am positive the aftermarket will come out with a solution. Whether that is a light that mounts in the wheel via the spare tire lugs or just an extension.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked this very question to the Ford rep at the event I was at yesterday. The answer he gave me was that there are several different brake lights for different tire sizes. So you may need to purchase the correct light for 35’s. My issues is how will a 37 fit.
I was at the Bronco event at Bangor Ford yesterday (non-squacthed BL and a squatched BD) and can confirm that the brake light brackets are different sizes...roughly 2" taller on the squatch so no, the 35s won't fit on the 33s carrier w/o hitting the light. For 37s guessing aftermarket will come up with something or wait for Warthog parts to become available.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing a ratchet strap and a tire deflator cant fix.
🤣

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Can a 35” tire fit on the back of a badlands bronco 20210522_152853

I took this picture and examined the spare tire holders on the badlands vs sasquatch.

The picture shows a 33" on the badlands. Those rubber bumpers are higher up on the 35".

It almost looks adjustable. There are pairs of holes down lower behind the wheel. Only one pair was used. It looked like if you moved one set of holes up, it would be taller. It was hard to see good though.

But those rubber bumpers wouldn't reach the tailgate if you raised the brake light. So... IDK.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm paying cash and can afford it. In the end I still switched from Badlands to Base 2.7L Squatch because I didn't want to spend a bunch of extra money for what's not really important.

Switching to 35" tires has a cost. You're also going to have to deal with mounting the spare. More importantly, you will not have the additional lift needed for 35s that Sasquatch comes with. Badlands also has 10mm more travel than Squatch, so just slapping on 35s will cause issues. This doesn't even mention recalibration needed for speedo, etc.

Ford marketing seems to have gotten the better of you.
Humble brag much?

Plus it's @Thomas1984's business, and their business alone, on why they want or don't want certain packages. Don't judge people on their configuration - I know folks at your country club may endorse it, but here it puts you in poor light.

See you on the first Virgin Galactic flight!

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
From what I’ve seen there are 2 to 3 different sizes and part numbers.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Humble brag much?

Plus it's @Thomas1984's business, and their business alone, on why they want or don't want certain packages. Don't judge people on their configuration - I know folks at your country club may endorse it, but here it puts you in poor light.

I know man some people are Disrespectful, he’s probably bummed out that he has to wait for a 22 model! This guy has been commenting on almost everything I post since I got a vin #, probably jealous, he never has anything nice to say. I pick up my 35” ridge grapplers today! One step closer, I hope I don’t run into trouble mounting them and on the spare tire mount. If so hopefully The aftermarket has options before the bronco is delivered. I emailed Lauren Healy and others who was at the bronco events, and they said 35’s will fit a badlands just don’t do any jumps until you upgrade the suspension! Lauren said the badlands are designed around the 33” tire and the Sasquatch designed around the 315” tire which explains the 10mm difference! He said 35’s will still fit but may rub a tiny bit more. He also said the Sasquatch 315 tire is .2” smaller then a 35” tire and will still fit fine. He also said he prefers 0 offset wheels for 35” tires on the bronco until you get to 37” then a more positive offset is recommended.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Humble brag much?

Got my 35’s 🔥🔥

46331A26-A468-4836-8DC7-78FF8CC9D3BA.jpeg