Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure we both have awesome wives, BUT... believe me... I don't let my wife use my '92 as a daily driver, lol (her DD is a Mazda 3).

To be sure, you both have tough jobs. My last assignment in the LA County Sheriff's Dept was as the Watch Sergeant at the largest jail facility in the US of A. When one of her students was missing for a few days, she would shoot me the student's name in an e-mail, and about 7 times out of 10, my response would be - I've got him here (the daily population was running around 10K).

But, as for how cool my wife is... I sold my '92 FSB in 2000. Trying to shorten what is a long story, I ran across the window sticker for my '92 in 2014 when cleaning out my garage. I told her I missed that hoop, and wished I still had it. Her response was - if you can find it, you should try to get it back. I'm not sure if she was being really honest or not, but that was a big mistake if she wasn't. As someone who spent 15 years as an auto theft Detective, I know how to find a car, lol. I found it outside of Denver in no time flat, before it turned into a rust bucket. About 30 days after she uttered her challenge, the same FSB I purchased in '92 was back in my driveway. It still had the impressions from my kiddos car seats in the foam of the backseat!
Holly Shit, now that's is a story, talk about something that was meant to be or good karma coming around full circle. Lesson learned don't let her go again ! oh and don't let your wife go either (-;
Sponsored

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice!

I like your optimism that you and your wife think you’re close to being empty nesters with kids in high school! 😆We have 6 kids ranging from age 14 up to 32. Good luck! 😆

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice post, I can attest my wife and family are tired of hearing about it. Although I think they find it hilarious to ask If I have gotten it yet-they know. Tricks to keep the magic- get the first scratch or ding out of the way and don't worry about it. Don't let the kids even think about taking it for a spin without you. Explore!!! ( while you are look for mine- I have been looking for 2 years!)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In a word Steven, "yes". My dearest, and myself are still waiting on our Bronco, but we do enjoy our Jeep. When we're out if we want to take the back road, we just make the turn. Here's a couple pics from our cross country adventure a couple years ago. You guys are going to have a ball.

On a road to the middle of nowhere in Texas.

Ford Bronco Can a Bronco rekindle a 20+ year relationship? 100_4894.JPG

We didn't know where we would end up, but there was a little dirt path in New Mexico, so we took it. The cows were a bit nosey for sure. :)

Ford Bronco Can a Bronco rekindle a 20+ year relationship? 100_4931.JPG

"We've got cows" - Dr. Melissa Reeves in "Twister" :)

Ford Bronco Can a Bronco rekindle a 20+ year relationship? 100_4912.JPG

Last edited:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base