Sponsored

Can a dealer or Ford employee confirm or deny that all 2022 orders will be built and delivered this year?

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read some thread posts which alluded to Ford closing the door to new orders so that they could "catch up" on the backlog of 2021 and 2022 orders. I have also read that Ford intends to build and deliver all 22MY orders this year. I am wondering if there is a dealer or Ford employee "in the know" that can confirm or deny this information.
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They would have to bypass their own dealer allocation rules to do this, so unless they are going to backpedal on that....

Then of course there are still the constrants.

..and I'm assuming you exclude those that opted for 2023.

What kills me is that they are builting 2022.5 models BEFORE they have finished all the 2021 --> 2022 orders.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not an employee but I can confirm and deny.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We didn't know about the order bank closure (at least I didn't) much prior to it being announced publicly. I did hear predictions late last year that constraints were loosening up and that they had capacity to clear out the backorders and possibly start producing "stock" near the end of the year. That's likely out the window because of the ongoing semi conductor and other worldly problems. Based on my estimated '22 allocation and the above issues, I don't see them being able to make more than 90K this year. If that's accurate, there will still be backlogs from the original group.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No one can confirm or deny that, and if they say they can with certainty they are lying. Not even Jim Farley.

Apple doesn’t even know if they can release the iPhone 14 on the usual scale in September because that’s how uncertain the semiconductor/chip/silicon market is right now. Same with Ford, it all comes down to those pesky little things.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can confirm I am not a Ford employee.
I can deny that I am a dealer.

But, according to last pics from dirt/ice/MUD mountain there are 2021s built and unshipped while people are enjoying their 2022s. How do I know? Color. AMB which is only 2021, sitting behind the fence.

However, on good authority (I checked with myself) ALL 2022s will be built in 2022. And, according to long standing auto industry tradition, some 2023s will be built in 2022

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm that Ford will deny any responsibility for the results of their policies that will exasperate the wait for reservation holders, made even worse by current supply difficulties. Meaning the supply chain problems are not an excuse, they make Ford's bait and switch on the reservation holders even worse as it is not like they can sneak in a month of production on walk-ins and dealer stock, that normal month's production is now a multiple of months of extra waiting.

No way Ford admits they lied and goes back to building in order and before stock (meaning all reservation builds get looked at for possible build before any walk-ins or dealer stock), just not happening. Ford hubris and spite against the small dealers who 'got too many orders' (that is right, they did not order a bunch for stock, they got orders from people who believed Ford when they wrote that we could chose OUR preferred dealer and still be built in order) would keep them from honoring their word to us.

edit;
I have read some thread posts which alluded to Ford closing the door to new orders so that they could "catch up" on the backlog of 2021 and 2022 orders. I have also read that Ford intends to build and deliver all 22MY orders this year. I am wondering if there is a dealer or Ford employee "in the know" that can confirm or deny this information.
Kudos to the OP for correctly using 'alluded' instead of 'eluded' that the mouth breathing multitudes type without a clue of the meaning of the word. Internet pet peeve number 1,812,449; people who use words without knowing the meaning.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What kills me is that they are builting 2022.5 models BEFORE they have finished all the 2021 --> 2022 orders.
Pretty sure this is why the majority of those in that situation given the chance jumped ship to the fast checkout lane.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it only Includes MY21's "scheduled" builds.

EDIT: I believe this is only for MY21 not 22's. Scheduled 21's should be done by March 31st. Finally clearing up that 1.5year back log, to make way for the new 1yr back log of 22's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one can confirm or deny that, and if they say they can with certainty they are lying. Not even Jim Farley.

Apple doesn’t even know if they can release the iPhone 14 on the usual scale in September because that’s how uncertain the semiconductor/chip/silicon market is right now. Same with Ford, it all comes down to those pesky little things.
Exactly this.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
not a chance...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

However, on good authority (I checked with myself) ALL 2022s will be built in 2022. And, according to long standing auto industry tradition, some 2023s will be built in 2022
I was about to say this is no way true, but then I got the joke. Just like all 2021's were built in 2021...even though it will be mid 2022 before people get them.
Sponsored