Sponsored

Can a Ford rep tell you your place in line at your dealership?

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm curious why the emails yesterday make you think the allocation is irrelevant? To me, people that got those emails yesterday were within their dealers allocation and either got lucky with a priority build or got lucky that the right people cancelled their orders at their dealership moving them up in line or got lucky that their particular dealership didn't have a lot of early reservations. Also of course their build configuration played into it. Still though, they had to be within that allocation window to be considered. Or is that not what's been happening? 🤔 Genuinely curious if you've read or heard something different
Because some of them weren't.

One guy posted his dealer had already told him he was a my22.

Maybe he's fudging the truth but at this stage I'm not going to let myself believe I'm guaranteed anything only to get let down when I end up on the outside looking in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not only can your dealer do it, it's so easy, here's a video that shows you how to do it.

I've cued up the timestamp right to the spot. (2:00)

Maybe they'll let you sit at the computer and run the report for them.
This is it. Thank you! Gonna send this to my dealership and hope they put in the minimal effort to do this lol

I'd love if they'd let me do it but I doubt that

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because some of them weren't.

One guy posted his dealer had already told him he was a my22.

Maybe he's fudging the truth but at this stage I'm not going to let myself believe I'm guaranteed anything only to get let down when I end up on the outside looking in.
The dealer told them they were a MY22 based on their timestamp rank in relation to the number of allocations the dealer got.... there's nothing (other than choosing a MY22 option, 99) that guarantees someone a MY22.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man, my wife says I am THE WORST when it comes to waiting for things, especially pre-orders.

Does anyone think that annoying your dealer could be counterproductive??

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer told them they were a MY22 based on their timestamp rank in relation to the number of allocations the dealer got.... there's nothing (other than choosing a MY22 option, 99) that guarantees someone a MY22.
that was kinda my point

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, my wife says I am THE WORST when it comes to waiting for things, especially pre-orders.

Does anyone think that annoying your dealer could be counterproductive??
Hahaa idk about counterproductive but annoying your dealer could probably be annoying. On the other hand though if your annoying them for basic info that you know they can easily get then maybe they deserve to be annoyed 😁

I'd be frustrated if a grocery store acted like they couldn't tell me where aisle 8 was while I watch everyone else online talk about how great aisle 8 is... ha

Last edited:

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that was kinda my point
I would think the most your dealer can tell you is their allocation, how many orders they have, and where you are in that list based on timestamp. There are many other factors, like commodity constraints, late availability, and perhaps some random gremlins, that will determine when you will get scheduled. That said, the information would give you some insight into your chances.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think the most your dealer can tell you is their allocation, how many orders they have, and where you are in that list based on timestamp. There are many other factors, like commodity constraints, late availability, and perhaps some random gremlins, that will determine when you will get scheduled. That said, the information would give you some insight into your chances.
correct

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer has the ability to pull an excel list of all of the orders and sort by reservation number. Then pull out anyone who is a priority 99 either by choice or due to option constraint. Then pull out all of the status that have "compatibility" issues, FCTPs and you have a list of 19 priority codes that, at that time are buildable. My rep said the whole thing is fluid due to ongoing commodity problems so it would be completely possible for a person with a clean build that is #1 on the list to be bumped in 3 weeks due to a specific package or build combo.

I understand the frustration of seeing guys get pulled. I think the majority are FE and priority builds now but have no inside info to prove it. Would be really crappy for me to tell someone inside my allocation bubble that fit all of the build criteria right now, they were 100% going to be a '21 build or when we thought they might get built. It's 100% in Ford's lap now and they don't even have complete control due to ongoing supplier issues. So yes, your dealer can pare the list down and tell you where you are by reservation number but won't be able to tell you are going to get built. They will know maybe a day or two before you get the email if they are constantly looking at WBDO to see who is being previewed.

Sponsored

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't really matter.

Your dealer can tell you where you are in there allocation but I don't think that grantees anything as far as what order they will actually receive that allocation.

i.e. your number 5 but have an item or trim level they put you in a later production batch than the person sitting at 11 in their allocation.
Agreed, but at least you know where you stand.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger maybe you can set things straight here. Is the info I'm asking for easy to get? In your ordering system, are you able to sort converted orders by reservation timestamp OR at least export the data over to an excel sheet and sort it there? Or would a dealer have to manually go through each order they have to figure out someone's place in line in terms of res time?

We have a shared google doc and a lot of time and effort has been placed to keep things current. I can see where another dealer wouldn't be as organized and be able to communicate quickly what spot you're in if they didn't know where to go.
Sponsored