Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Slightly off topic, does your Tacoma rev hang in all gears or just certain ones? Mine hangs only on 4-5 shift primarily when I'm on it entering freeways and north of 3k rpm wise off the top of my head. It's not noticeable shifting through everything else. I also have a 2nd gen so maybe if you have a 3rd gen with newer emissions that might be it.
Mine has gotten worse over time. I guess since it’s based on emissions that’s to be expected. Maybe replacing the O2 sensor might help. It does it in any gear above 2500rpm and is far more noticeable above 3500rpm. Sometimes I even get a slight jump in rpm right before it starts to come down slowly. Anything above 3500rpm takes 2 seconds to drop all the way down.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rev lag is like shifting without ever letting off the gas. Using the clutch softens the blow, but it’s like you never got off the throttle while shifting. A typical smooth shift in my Tacoma takes 2 seconds. A one second shift is pretty harsh and a shift without the clutch is like never letting off while shifting.

That’s my Tacoma. I have no idea how the Bronco will be and if it will even be noticeable. My guess is it’s not an issue as there haven’t been any reports of it, but as the engines gets older and emissions get worse, it may be an issue. IDK.

In general terms though, a tune can or may help with a manual transmission overall function while not actually doing anything to the transmission.
Thanks. Vehicle specific, just like the old school trucks I drove. #53 you had to pretend you were down shifting from 5th and do a wrist curl when up shifting from 2nd.