Sponsored

Can anyone explain why only 2.3 is offered in the Mansquatch?

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was so excited to hear that we would be able to get the manual Sasquatch in MY22. Then I heard that they were only offering that combo in with the 2.3🤦🏻‍♂️
For me, the main reason for the manual was to eliminate the weak point (auto trans) so that I could tune the 2.7. Hearing that they will only offer the 2.3 is a pretty big letdown.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
prob an issue with packaging. The 2.7 with a manual does not exist in any platform. The manual with the 2.3 does exist. In order to offer the 2.7 with the manual, new development would be needed.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MTI550 is scalable to potentially handle the 2.7TT’s torque, re-engineering would most likely be required for a new Bell Housing and optimal gearing

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure I would call the auto trans a weak point. There are lots of high power Explorer ST's out there running fine. And as we've seen, you're going to break tie-rods and racks before an axle or worse.

It's not like Ford has a great track record off offering stout manual transmissions as of late. (cough MT-82 cough)

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cause the manual is already paired with the 2.3 and it would cost a lot of time and money to engineer, build, produce, etc. Something that has potential to have a very small take rate (being that it is manual).

It would be nice though

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't handle the hp/tq. If demand for 2.7 justifies adding a manual option then there is a possibility of a higher hp/tq manual transmission being engineered and built. Although,at this point Ford can't fill the demand for what is offered.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford still had to do R&D with the manual on the bronco. If Ford would of made the manual strong enough to handle to 2.7 from jump. It wouldn't of cost that much more for Ford. Plus, majority if not all manual buyers (including me) would of paid for the 2.7 upgrade. I've never heard anyone wish their vehicle had less power. Ford offered the manual only because Jeep does. Otherwise we'd be talking about something else. Ford did just enough to compete with Jeep but not screw themselves out of money. Auto trans are more expensive upfront and to fix. Most manual owners have no issue replacing a clutch in the driveway. Try that with an automatic.

It's all about the money not the customer. You all should know that by now with the way this bronco delivery is going.

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just wait til Ford offers the heritage edition but makes it Auto transmission only. Even though every generation of Bronco was offered with a manual transmission. Come on Ford, offer the 2.7 Manual and make us pay up to get it.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I weren’t going for the Sasquatch package I would just get the 2.3L. And I would probably even skip Sasquatch pckg if I could get the A4 AWD capabilities. That’s where they get you..
Sponsored