Sponsored

Can Bronco Wifi Hot Spot work while vehicle is off?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking into dashcams' that have cloud capability; which will allow real time monitoring of the vehicle from anywhere that has 3G coverage. Since I will have the top down often, I am even looking into having the normal rear view camera face the cab, similar to how some Uber/Cab drivers use a camera. Not for passengers per se, but to monitor unauthorized entry with real time alerts to my phone when parked. I could then pull up live video (or past video) from said phone. Essentially this would be very similar to the latest home monitoring systems. Anyway, Blackvue Dashcams has a pretty good system for this, including a module (accessory) for an extra $150 that would give you cloud capability when the vehicle is off. However, that accessory would not be needed if Ford's WiFi Hot Spot, which I believe comes in the Lux Package, can operated even when the vehicle is off. Maybe its a software option? Obviously there would need to be a voltage cutoff so the system would shut down when the battery goes below a set voltage point (Blackvue does this too).

For anyone curious about what I am looking into doing, see this link:
https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/blackvue-dr900x-2ch-plus-dual-channel-cloud-dash-cam

So.... does anyone know if the factory hot spot functions when vehicle is off as well?

Thanks!
Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's ethernet only

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By that you mean it's not wireless? Nice one! :ROFLMAO:
I'm actually very interested in this, not because of the camera but I didn't realize it had wifi capabilities. I've never had a vehicle that did that.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually very interested in this, not because of the camera but I didn't realize it had wifi capabilities. I've never had a vehicle that did that.
You get a free trial for 3gb of data over 3 months. After that you have to pay ATT by the month. Seems better off to use your phone hotspot unless you’re planning something like the OP.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model