Sponsored

Can dealers order units for their customers in whatever order they choose.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I meant to say that they are not mutually exclusive. The dealer can, and might, do things that Ford will not undo. There are dealers in this forum that have verified that dealer prioritization does exist. The dealers have been asked to not do it but Ford is not going to enforce it. At least they have not yet.
You can dump an order by setting a priority number but Bronco is definitely different than the past dealer shenanigans. Again this is a pointless process if Ford is doing the scheduling after March conversion date for first wave of scheduled.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2 cents worth,
I was a supplier to Ford for over 20 years, now retired.
I have NO inside information on the Bronco launch.
This is my opinion based on my experience and what Iā€™ve seen happening so far.

I look at it as a 3 steps process:

Step 1: Ford looks at Reservation time stamp in sequence and itā€™s associated build order (regardless of order date)

Step 2: Then looks at order for commodity issues (part availability), if no issues then itā€™s up for build

Step 3: Finally it looks at associated dealerā€™s allocation status, if the dealer has open allocation the order becomes a ā€œready to buildā€œ and goes to production for build.

I wonā€™t comment on the allocation process because itā€™s pretty precarious at this point, except to say I donā€™t think it should even apply to reservation holders. Ford should just build as many as they can based on the reservation time stamps.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife just received this from Granger Ford. Exerps below

Date: Sun, Jan 17, 2021, 7:02 PM
Subject: Granger Ford - January 2021 Bronco order email
To: xxx <[email protected]>

Ford will allow us to start ordering your Bronco starting on the 20th of January. We will be calling you to verify your order by your reservation time stamp. We have until March 19th to complete your order.

Ford will be arranging the orders according to the reservation time stamp (only exceptions are commodity restrictions and allocations)

Ć¼ Contacting customers in the time stamp order - FEā€™s first

Ć¼ Send you the WBDO Vehicle for you to confirm options and give you final pricing on your Bronco.

Ć¼ Agree to the selling price, our fees are:

Ā§ $180 DOC
Ā§ Sales tax @ 5%
Ā§ License plates
Ā§ $10 Lien Fee if there is a loan on The Bronco

Ć¼ Collect a deposit on the Order totaling $500 when Ford has selected it for build, so not up frontā€¦

So, @gamecosk

1) ordering based on timestamp
2) $500 deposit
You canā€™t even admit your lies...Granger is asking for the deposit, not a Ford mandate, because others arenā€™t. ...and timestamp is meaningless if your dealer doesnā€™t have an allocation slot for you...which is the part you insisted wasnā€™t true...for months. Remember all that ā€œdealer allocation is not for MY21ā€? That was you.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's such a sting and punch to the gut that it initially comes down to your dealers allocation. While before the power felt in our hands (based on how early YOU reserved, and YOUR selection of accessories/options), the allocation model rips it right from us

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reason you are getting two opposite answers is because people are answering two sides of the equation.

Ford is ultimately in charge of which Broncos are built, for which customers, and at which dealers. A dealer can not push one of their customers ahead of one at another dealer. Ford tells the dealer how many Broncos theyā€™re getting, and then Ford is deciding which ones to build at any given moment based on part availability and reservation time stamp order.

That said, at the dealer level, they have the ability to prioritize their customerā€™s orders to a certain degree... meaning the dealer can communicate to Ford which Bronco theyā€™d like built first if all things are otherwise equal. This has been confirmed from dealers here. Some dealers have stated they will be exercising this ability and other dealers have stated they will not.

Itā€™s not enough to totally negate the published production scheduling Ford has shared... an individual dealer doesnā€™t have that type of influence.

However, it could provide a dealer the ability to nudge the timing of deliveries for their specific customers to fit their individual needs (say if someone wants to delay their delivery because theyā€™re out of the country)... or a dealer could use it to protect repeat or local ā€œorganicā€ reservation holders from being bumped later by an earlier out of town reservation holder transferring in as an attempt to game the allocation system and jump to the front
That seems like the most accurate answer so far. Ford wants reservation numbers to play a role, however the site makes it quite clear nothing is guaranteed. The Dealer fundamentally decides what goes in when to the ordering bank. I've yet to hear anything (and 'we' probably wouldn't) as to whether Ford corporate would take issue with a private dealer mucking with order lines.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems like the most accurate answer so far. Ford wants reservation numbers to play a role, however the site makes it quite clear nothing is guaranteed. The Dealer fundamentally decides what goes in when to the ordering bank. I've yet to hear anything (and 'we' probably wouldn't) as to whether Ford corporate would take issue with a private dealer mucking with order lines.
Itā€™s worth noting that since I made that post, weā€™ve also learned that an individual can choose to delay reservation to order conversion until the MY22 order banks open. This is possible because non-converted reservations donā€™t expire and retain their relative rank when eventually converted.

Following this logic, it would seem possible that a dealer, not the customer, could decide to delay a conversion. If they so chose a dealer might be able to ā€œsitā€ on someoneā€™s planned order until other customerā€™s Broncos start shipping, as a way of delaying it past later reservation holders.

It would be an administrative (and potential optical) nightmare for the dealer... but conceivably possible based on the info as I understand it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s worth noting that since I made that post, weā€™ve also learned that an individual can choose to delay reservation to order conversion until the MY22 order banks open. This is possible because non-converted reservations donā€™t expire and retain their relative rank when eventually converted.

Following this logic, it would seem possible that a dealer, not the customer, could decide to delay a conversion. If they so chose a dealer might be able to ā€œsitā€ on someoneā€™s planned order until other customerā€™s Broncos start shipping, as a way of delaying it past later reservation holders.

It would be an administrative (and potential optical) nightmare for the dealer... but conceivably possible based on the info as I understand it.
Yeah. I fear people are putting far too much faith in their reservation numbers guiding the process when they should be talking with dealers directly. I've been saying for a while keep an eye on the Mach-E forums (just like this) that are in the middle of the converted to order waiting on delivery cycle.

OP
OP
BroncoIII

BroncoIII

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond -Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
absolutely not and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or misinformed
Noah, I've got a crisp $20 for ya buddy! Tell your GM I'm taking the two of you to lunch.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Noah, I've got a crisp $20 for ya buddy! Tell your GM I'm taking the two of you to lunch.
You can buy me lunch but that isn't how the system works, I love tacos lol
Sponsored