Sponsored

Can headliner be installed later or via aftermarket?

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I am unable to add the headliner with my build without reverting from the 2.7 to the 2.3 (still don’t understand why), I am wondering if anyone would know whether or not the headliner can be installed later or if this is a possible aftermarket item.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and yes. Check out hotheads headliners. They are on the forum and lots of Jeep guys use them instead of factory. It’s what I plan to go with, and I believe they include a heat shield in them and factory most likely does not. Price should be comparable.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I am unable to add the headliner with my build without reverting from the 2.7 to the 2.3 (still don’t understand why)
I also noticed the same thing when going through my build. No idea why it requires a change back to the 2.3 for the headliner.

Glad there are some good aftermarket options that seem like they are high quality.

Sponsored

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also noticed the same thing when going through my build. No idea why it requires a change back to the 2.3 for the headliner.

Glad there are some good aftermarket options that seem like they are high quality.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it’s a GVRW issue. The headliner makes the vehicle “overweight” as stupid as that sounds. Same issues happen when adding the paint protection film lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I am unable to add the headliner with my build without reverting from the 2.7 to the 2.3 (still don’t understand why), I am wondering if anyone would know whether or not the headliner can be installed later or if this is a possible aftermarket item.

The way the ordering system works, and in turn, the B&P mirrors, is that it can not tally exact/specific weights of accessories. It assumes a worst case weight for all accessories you try to add to your build.

As a result, certain trims that are near the GVWR rating for the vehicle have limitations on the number of accessories you can order from the factory.

When you try to add the headliner to the 2.7, the system says “that would make the vehicle too heavy... you can’t have both.”

This means that you have to prioritize what options you want / can only get from the factory, and then order and install the the other options after you take delivery.

So, for example, if you want the 2.7 and the headliner... order the 2.7 and then purchase the headliner later.

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, very interesting. Thanks for the info on that. My Ford dealer just says "yeah the system tells you one thing and our system tells us another." Never seems too clear when I speak to them.

I appreciate the info!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes and yes. Check out hotheads headliners. They are on the forum and lots of Jeep guys use them instead of factory. It’s what I plan to go with, and I believe they include a heat shield in them and factory most likely does not. Price should be comparable.
I'm one of those Jeep owners that used the Hothead headliners. Very easy install. Just grab an old sheet, or quilt to cover as much of the interior as you can, take some double "O" sandpaper, rough up the area, wipe everything down with some acetone, and stick the stuff down. BTW, for best results purchase the "sound deadening strips" also. It's a one, to two beer job depending on the outside temp. :)

BTW, I will wait on Mark at Hothead to design his product for the Bronco, and buy from him. It's quality stuff, at a reasonable price IMHO.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are thoughts on what would be more quiet. The MIC top with factory headliner or the standard MOD top?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are thoughts on what would be more quiet. The MIC top with factory headliner or the standard MOD top?
No idea. Though I imagine the texture/material of the headliner will help a lot to stop some echoing that may occur with the hard surface... but who knows how that will translate to the experience of being inside (like is the bigger problem exterior noise or interior echo... and how well does the headliner work to address either of those problems), or how much quieter the MOD top will be than the MIC in general.

My plan is to add a headliner to the MOD top for optimum performance.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No idea. Though I imagine the texture/material of the headliner will help a lot to stop some echoing that may occur with the hard surface... but who knows how that will translate to the experience of being inside (like is the problem exterior noise or echo), or how much quieter the MOD top will be than the MIC in general.

My plan is to add a headliner to the MOD top for optimum performance.
I've seen a lot of folks here worried about the noise level in the Bronco. If it's anything like my Jeep it wasn't as bad as one might think. I added the Hothead to cut down on the heat in summer, and give the interior a more finished look. The plus was that it did muffle some of the noise, helped with the heat, and it also helped with the sound of the Alpine system. It was well worth the cost IMHO.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a lot of folks here worried about the noise level in the Bronco. If it's anything like my Jeep it wasn't as bad as one might think. I added the Hothead to cut down on the heat in summer, and give the interior a more finished look. The plus was that it did muffle some of the noise, helped with the heat, and it also helped with the sound of the Alpine system. It was well worth the cost IMHO.
I have a Jeep as well and also added the Hotheads. I feel it made the interior of a he vehicle a much more pleasant place to spend my time.

I will *absolutely* be adding some headliner to my Bronco. Likely the Hotheads, but I’m curious to hear reviews of the factory one when they get delivered. (The manufacturer is listed in the accessory catalog, so it’s possible to find reviews now on the Jeep, but I just haven’t bothered)

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting the factory headliner and will likely try to add something further... Maybe the Hothead if I can figure out a way to make it stick.
Sponsored