Sponsored

Can I call Ford to see if my dealer actually placed my order?

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Oct 13th I moved my reservation to a new dealer who doesn't charge ADM. I dropped by the dealer that same day to convert it to an order. I put down a $400 deposit, agreed on MSRP etc.

Ford sends an email a couple days later saying my Bronco is ready to order online. I message my dealer and he says the order is placed and that Ford.com has been having issues updating. It's been 7 days and still hasn't updated.

Before I wait on hold for an hour I wanted to ask if anyone knows if Ford support can tell me if the order was actually placed by the dealer and tell me it's priority code. Anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call/email your dealer and ask for an order preview printout from WBDO. It looks like the picture attached to this post here.

That printout comes straight from Ford’s ordering system. So if it’s in there with a priority 10-19… it’s been ordered.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called Ford and they verified the correct order was placed. I'd gotten reassurances from the dealer, but nothing in writing. It was good to hear that it was submitted correctly. It was a long wait, but worth the effort. The rep on the phone was very pleasant as well, explaining that Hard Tops were causing the delay and given my early reservation, I'd be hearing something soon. Since then, I have - 11/29 week build.

OP
OP
Sardine

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call/email your dealer and ask for an order preview printout from WBDO. It looks like the picture attached to this post here.

That printout comes straight from Ford’s ordering system. So if it’s in there with a priority 10-19… it’s been ordered.
This is our convo after asking for that sheet. Does this sound right? I'm a August 2021 or so reservation (yes, late to the game). Dealer is the largest in South Florida and they seem to be getting a great allocation so hopefully I hit the dealer lottery.

Should I even be worried if my 2022 late reservation order is entered this early or not? I feel like like with the shitshow going on even getting it ordered ASAP might help somehow....

Ford Bronco Can I call Ford to see if my dealer actually placed my order? convo

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is our convo after asking for that sheet. Does this sound right? I'm a August 2021 or so reservation (yes, late to the game). Dealer is the largest in South Florida and they seem to be getting a great allocation so hopefully I hit the dealer lottery.

Should I even be worried if my 2022 late reservation order is entered this early or not? I feel like like with the shitshow going on even getting it ordered ASAP might help somehow....

Ford Bronco Can I call Ford to see if my dealer actually placed my order? convo
Truthfully I don’t know how Ford is handling the late reservation holders, so it could be true. I’ll ask my dealer and let you know what he says.

That said, because you are so late there is absolutely no rush for you to get your order in. The soonest you’ll get your Bronco is probably late summer 2022, and there is probably a good chance you’ll get pushed to 2023. As your dealer mentioned, reservation date is what is important, and not order date. So you got plenty of time to figure this out.

If they are one of the biggest dealers in Florida I’d give it a few weeks to let the craziness settle down. They’re probably swamped trying to get everyone converted over. You could also call Ford, but I’ve hear they are experiencing 1 hr+ wait times due to all of the Bronco stuff.

But again, since your reservation is so late none of this has to be done in the near future.

OP
OP
Sardine

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truthfully I don’t know how Ford is handling the late reservation holders, so it could be true. I’ll ask my dealer and let you know what he says.

That said, because you are so late there is absolutely no rush for you to get your order in. The soonest you’ll get your Bronco is probably late summer 2022, and there is probably a good chance you’ll get pushed to 2023. As your dealer mentioned, reservation date is what is important, and not order date. So you got plenty of time to figure this out.

If they are one of the biggest dealers in Florida I’d give it a few weeks to let the craziness settle down. They’re probably swamped trying to get everyone converted over. You could also call Ford, but I’ve hear they are experiencing 1 hr+ wait times due to all of the Bronco stuff.

But again, since your reservation is so late none of this has to be done in the near future.
Gotcha man I figured. I'm completely mentally prepped for it arriving summer next year or later but I just want to make sure that the order is placed ASAP just in case. You just never know.

Keep me posted on what your dealer says.
Sponsored