Sponsored

Can I change my order at any time until my order starts production?

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First thread here... I have a two pronged question.

I have a reservation that has been converted to an order. Since placing the order I have decided to move from Big Bend to BD so I can get that sweet wash out interior. I always loved the rubber floors in my FJ and it’s a feature I really want. I’m one of the unlucky few who’s order was converted without my knowledge so I’m waiting patiently while Ford manually moves my order. For now I can’t make any changes since I’m somewhere in between two dealers.

My understanding is that I can change my order at any time until my order starts building. Is this correct?

That leads to the next question. We’re seeing a flood of photos from the factory of what appears to be a ton of Broncos being built with various specifications. Where are these Broncos going though? Are they really all pre-production or are these based on existing orders?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

from what my dealer told me once you order (not reserve but actually order the car at the dealer) you cant change anything or you lose your spot in line
Say what?
What about every other person around here who says you can change up until a vin is created?

Sounds like you got a funny dealer.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

from what my dealer told me once you order (not reserve but actually order the car at the dealer) you cant change anything or you lose your spot in line
They lie. You can change your order up until a VIN is created. Your dealer may not like it but it is allowed by Ford.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Say what?
What about every other person around here who says you can change up until a vin is created?

Sounds like you got a funny dealer.
"Funny how? Do they amuse you? Like a clown? Funny HOW?!?"

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are all pre production. Production won't start until May? I don't have the exact date, others will, but it's in the future and the future isn't now

1610574018234.jpg

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thread here... I have a two pronged question.

I have a reservation that has been converted to an order. Since placing the order I have decided to move from Big Bend to BD so I can get that sweet wash out interior. I always loved the rubber floors in my FJ and it’s a feature I really want. I’m one of the unlucky few who’s order was converted without my knowledge so I’m waiting patiently while Ford manually moves my order. For now I can’t make any changes since I’m somewhere in between two dealers.

My understanding is that I can change my order at any time until my order starts building. Is this correct?

That leads to the next question. We’re seeing a flood of photos from the factory of what appears to be a ton of Broncos being built with various specifications. Where are these Broncos going though? Are they really all pre-production or are these based on existing orders?
These Broncos are going many places.

Some for testing... of all types... only to be destroyed at the end. Others could be going to dealers so we can see them before the window closes to modify our order.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some for testing... of all types... only to be destroyed at the end. Others could be going to dealers so we can see them before the window closes to modify our order.
Do you really think the FCTP Bronco’s will be on dealers lots before our window closes to modify our orders(March 19)? I have not idea myself I just figured they were showing up much later

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Some went to see how well the bronco handle trailer fires...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ecobeast

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going to be interesting if demo units start hitting dealer lots... hopefully reservation holders can test drive them as I would love some seat time in a 2.3 to see how it feels.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

where is this in writing because this is what they told me
Check through the Granger or SAC threads and it will most likely be there. One of these other super good searching folks might be able to find it for you as well. It might have been discussed before... Maybe.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder how many of these beautiful Broncos are slated for crash testing?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you really think the FCTP Bronco’s will be on dealers lots before our window closes to modify our orders(March 19)? I have not idea myself I just figured they were showing up much later
You can modify your order all they way up until your VIN is assigned and build is scheduled. (About 2 weeks out from being built.)

For some lucky people this window will be very brief after March 19. For others this will be many many months.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to be interesting if demo units start hitting dealer lots... hopefully reservation holders can test drive them as I would love some seat time in a 2.3 to see how it feels.
The purpose of the FCTP units are for test drives.

Would have to refer to the FCTP thread to see if we’ve got any recent intel on when to expect those to arrive.
Sponsored