Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
No wait!!!!
It sounds like @BroncoMan13 is saying his dealer made a *new* order instead of editing the existing one.

Yes, you basically build an order piece by piece, so if you want to change doors or motor or something fundamental you have to essentially unbuild the order back to the early step and then rebuild it.

But youā€™re still using the existing order.

If your dealer said they needed to make a brand new order, then that means they basically threw out your timestamp and gave you a new one for whatever day they made this change.

If thatā€™s true it can be corrected with varying degrees of complexity depending on if they cancelled your first order or kept it for themselves.

What does your Ford.com profile show? Just your original reservation turned order, or a brand new order?

Known funny business with the Ford.com site. Not everyone receives a second email and very few people see an update to their Ford.com Profile after a change is made. Good standard is the order preview your dealer should give you.

I donā€™t know what to tell you other than it *absolutely* can be changed. Just like any other retail order your dealer has ever made, and just like all the Bronco orders here that have been changed.

Ford has publicly announced that they are *expecting* people to modify their orders when they receive their delivery estimates and see what options may be causing a delay.

Here is the public, on camera, question and answer where Ford announced you can modify your order until the VIN is assigned:

https://www.bronco6g.com/build-price-update-from-ford-qa-with-bronco-brand-manager-video/

You must dig your heels in and not accept anything else from your dealer. Sit with them at a desk with their Ford corporate region on speaker phone to have them walk through the process with your dealer.

It really sucks that they arenā€™t educated enough but you have to advocate for yourself.
When I log in it just shows me my old order and original date I placed the first order through the dealer. You can't view details though. But as of now it looks like nothing has changed. This should be interesting. Lol..
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update: My dealer is still sticking to his guns and said that "Ford has not announced" that changes to orders can be made. It's diving me insane and I'm worried I won't be able to change and I'll forever be bummed. Blargh.
Contact Ford directly and tell them your dealer won't let you change your order. See if that helps.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I log in it just shows me my old order and original date I placed the first order through the dealer. You can't view details though. But as of now it looks like nothing has changed. This should be interesting. Lol..
Okay. Maybe youā€™re alright and they did just edit your original, in which case listen to @BravoV4 and ignore my fear mongering. ;)

(Iā€™m so skittish around here because I donā€™t want people to get the short end of the confused dealer stick)

JKGreen15

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No wait!!!!
It sounds like @BroncoMan13 is saying his dealer made a *new* order instead of editing the existing one.

Yes, you basically build an order piece by piece, so if you want to change doors or motor or something fundamental you have to essentially unbuild the order back to the early step and then rebuild it. ...
Thanks for catching that.

When I placed my reservation on 07/17/20, Initial Order on 01/27/21, and modified my existing order on 02/22/21. However, I can't tell any change on my current Order Page on Ford's Website (as seen in the screenshot in my original post).

When we modified my existing order, we did have to back-track and "unbuild" my initial order; otherwise, the Build & Price that kept printing was of a Squatched Wildtrak. Once he cleared all the columns on the order sheet and coded for the Squatched Badlands, we were able to 'complete' the order, and the Build & Price Sheet represented the vehicle I requested. Ford's site however, still shows I've ordered a Wildtrack unfortunately which makes me nervous.

I compared the Order Number on my new B&P Sheet to the number on my Reservation Confirmation Email (from Jul 2020). They matched, so I don't believe a new order was initiated, thankfully.

I think I will just contact Corporate Ford tomorrow and see if they can find my changed order.

While I accept blame for making the wrong order initially, I do think ford could have made the ordering process a little more intuitive and transparent. There really is so much confusion on both the consumer and dealer side.

Ford Bronco Can I change my order? cc2ee31e8319ed31b62bbb27ca488b68

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for catching that.

When I placed my reservation on 07/17/20, Initial Order on 01/27/21, and modified my existing order on 02/22/21. However, I can't tell any change on my current Order Page on Ford's Website (as seen in the screenshot in my original post).

When we modified my existing order, we did have to back-track and "unbuild" my initial order; otherwise, the Build & Price that kept printing was of a Squatched Wildtrak. Once he cleared all the columns on the order sheet and coded for the Squatched Badlands, we were able to 'complete' the order, and the Build & Price Sheet represented the vehicle I requested. Ford's site however, still shows I've ordered a Wildtrack unfortunately which makes me nervous.

I compared the Order Number on my new B&P Sheet to the number on my Reservation Confirmation Email (from Jul 2020). They matched, so I don't believe a new order was initiated, thankfully.

I think I will just contact Corporate Ford tomorrow and see if they can find my changed order.

While I accept blame for making the wrong order initially, I do think ford could have made the ordering process a little more intuitive and transparent. There really is so much confusion on both the consumer and dealer side.

Ford Bronco Can I change my order? cc2ee31e8319ed31b62bbb27ca488b68

Thanks for the help!
You do not need to apologize for changing your order. Thatā€™s your Bronco, get it right. (Some people report changing their orders once a week for the past couple months.)

Do not worry about the Ford.com stuff. Itā€™s a well documented issue. It just doesnā€™t update reliably. If youā€™ve got your printout from the order system, thatā€™s what matters.

Ford customer service supposedly canā€™t see the order specifics, and theyā€™ll just tell you to ignore Ford.com and speak to your dealer to get the order summary.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer quickly replied when adding the MGV headliner that it was not possible to change the order at that time, but they should be able to this week. They also know and we discussed 2.3 vs. 2.7 and ordering delay. Ford is aware that delays could change orders, but itā€™s possible that this model and this year make the process a little different than the past. I will be on it big time once production is scheduled. I am just glad my little dealer, with 17 orders seems to be more up to speed than many of the other dealers quoted here (not all, clearly, Granger and others are on the ball).

OP
OP
Mortigitempo

Mortigitempo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Email Mike Levine and see if He can help.
thanks for your help in guiding me. I did contact Mike and he was helpful. Independently, the dealer came back this morning saying they were allowed to make changes now so I think I'm all good.

TyFighter515

Big Bend
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve changed my order 3 times in a little over a week. Granted, Iā€™m working with Granger, who has been super open, and up-front about everything on here. Dealer knowledge makes a huge difference.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thanks for your help in guiding me. I did contact Mike and he was helpful. Independently, the dealer came back this morning saying they were allowed to make changes now so I think I'm all good.
You are more than welcome. Quite a few of us Here want to help. And I hope that you can guys can trust us when you all have questions like this. Everyone can also always send me a private message, I'll answer as soon as I can.

davidd4216

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know this has been covered in more than one forum, but there's conflicting information about if a two door will delay my Bronco. I'm considering changing from 4 door to 2 door and just want to know if that will delay delivery of my Bronco? Thanks for the help and I do apologize if this has been said before.
Sponsored