broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So… I have a FE reservation currently not converted and marked as a 99 priority code (was planning to keep it as backup for 2022).
Now that my converted Badlands is not gonna make it in 21MY due to hard top issue, I want to convert my FE reservation. Is it too late to convert a reservation for a First Edition and get the FE this year?

My dealer doesn’t know. Maybe @Granger Ford or someone else knowledgeable can kindly help.

thank you.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So… I have a FE reservation currently not converted and marked as a 99 priority code (was planning to keep it as backup for 2022).
Now that my converted Badlands is not gonna make it in 21MY due to hard top issue, I want to convert my FE reservation. Is it too late to convert a reservation for a First Edition and get the FE this year?

My dealer doesn’t know. Maybe @Granger Ford or someone else knowledgeable can kindly help.

thank you.
Unfortunately it is too late to convert an order from what I am being told.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
God damn it. They won’t build FEs until late 2021 due to waiting for new hard tops yet won’t let me convert now :(

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What was the rational for waiting on the FE since it had to be a MY21 to begin with?

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the rational for waiting on the FE since it had to be a MY21 to begin with?
My Badlands was an earlier timestamps (reserved 7min after reveal, 2h before I reserved the FE), and is number 1 allocation out of 150 at the dealership, and had the 2.3 Engine so it was *supposed* to arrive among the first Broncos in the nation. I did not initially want the FE as I was happy with the Badlands. I kept the reservation just in case.
But I never got scheduled, so now I am a 2022 on the Badlands and trying to see if I can get the FE.

My plan wasn’t bad but Ford screwed it because they didn’t respect time stamps at all. You would think with a reservation 7min after reveal and the 2.3 I would be long driving my bronco by now.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

reservations are coded 99? I thought that priority code only comes into play once you convert the res to an order? Doesn't seem to make sense on just a reservation?

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
reservations are coded 99? I thought that priority code only comes into play once you convert the res to an order? Doesn't seem to make sense on just a reservation?
Well my dealer put it on 99 so it would be held for 2022, but technically it’s converted I assume.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have your dealer call their rep. They’re the gate keeper. Maybe he can maybe he can’t.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

thank you.
I know this goes against what Granger stated but my dealer said I have upto 8/27. Im in the same position as you I have a FE 99'ed. I wish I would have not canceled my Wildtrak reservation and kept as I would convert my FE and used towards a down-payment of the Wildtrak I plan to get.

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your FE might still be at 99 because of the MOD hard top. Mine was like that until I contacted my dealer and had them change to MIC top. It then immediately went to PC 19, now it's at PC 01. You must also get a copy of your build sheet.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

God damn it. They won’t build FEs until late 2021 due to waiting for new hard tops yet won’t let me convert now :(
It doesn't make sense that a "First Edition" could or would be held to 2022. Historically, it would no longer be "First" if its not in the 1st model year.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay… if it’s still just a reservation, and wasn’t converted… then I trust what Granger said.

…but you mention a priority 99… which would only be the case if it was converted…

…so if it was converted, then the question is “would changing the priority to 10-19 still get me my FE?”

I think OP is confusing some words without realizing their specific meanings… and that potentially is what this whole situation will pivot on.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because reservations are like trading cards apparently, and some people have a stack of them, lol. Will be interesting to eventually find out how many reservations actually converted to sold Broncos, to the persons who reserved them.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well my dealer put it on 99 so it would be held for 2022, but technically it’s converted I assume.
but you can't hold a FE for '22, there won't be any sold next model year. I think there's some miscommunication or misunderstanding, tell the dealer to set it to a code 19 or below so Ford sees you want it and can schedule it. If they refuse or act stupid I'd call Ford directly.
Sponsored