Sponsored

Can I Fit a 160 pound _______ in the Cargo Area of a 2-Door?

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is that by reservation only? If not I may have to make the drive to go see it over the weekend....
Sponsored

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is that by reservation only? If not I may have to make the drive to go see it over the weekend....
No reservation required, but I'd call them first to make sure it will still be here. It's magnificent - worth the drive!

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No reservation required, but I'd call them first to make sure it will still be here. It's magnificent - worth the drive!
Thanks for the tip! I saw one in person at super celebration in Buena Vista last year, but would love the chance to sit in a 2 door before I take delivery of mine.

Hopefully It’ll still be there by the time I’d get there!

update: it is already not available for viewings.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: sjp

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Next stop, according to the Ford rep John, is Farmington, NM, then on to Arizona...
Please don't tease me.😯

There are 4-door Broncos in the Phoenix area this week. I was already trying to accept the sadness that I will be seeing these in Tucson. But... You say the 2-door is coming to Arizona!

Now I am going to be extra disappointed when I show up to the event and there are a couple of 4-doors there.😥

Sponsored

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The answer is yes, yes you can.

I spent an hour and a half with a 2-door Badlands at Phil Long Chapel Hills in Colorado Springs today. Here's some pics...others around here took more! Rumor has it that one of them brought a tape measure (I forgot mine at home).

Here we go...

Very glad to be getting the step on my OBX. I had to haul myself into the thing. Not a big deal, but like someone else said in here, it would get old fast. I'm 5'6" and never wear heels.

Ford Bronco Can I Fit a 160 pound _______ in the Cargo Area of a 2-Door? img_1173-

Lots of leg room. Of course, I had the seat pushed all the way back.

Ford Bronco Can I Fit a 160 pound _______ in the Cargo Area of a 2-Door? img_1173-

And butt room.

It's pretty inside. Cupholders and everything.

This was an MT - I fiddled with the stick, the auxiliary switches, and the hero switches. No pics, but as you know, since this was a manual Badlands there were front and rear lockers and sway-bar disco switches but no trail turn assist.

Getting in the back was a challenge for me (I'll spare you those photos), but kids wouldn't have any problem. Once I was back there, I was very comfortable. Lots of legroom.

I put the back seats down to check out how much space was back there.

And got in.

Sleeping back here will be a problem but I'll make it work if I have to!

Not flat.

Maybe I'll just sit.

I probably spent too much time back there.

Cactus Gray's a pretty color and in certain light it actually does have a hint of green. That's right, I said it. Green. I was wrong.

Of course, in other light...

The hood and door look like two different colors.

This is gray.

Camera.

That's Randy Gradishar in the orange shirt. Yes, my friend Stewart (who took all these pictures) got his autograph.

Freaking 2-door on 33 tires is just too perfect. But I'm still getting an OBX. On 32" tires.

Roof panel off.

Like I said, in certain light conditions, Cactus Gray looks sort of blueish.

I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Sticker.

Horsey wheel.

I'll take it! In Antimatter Blue, please.

Thank you for all of the photos, Susan! Love how you got into the cargo area. Love this vehicle!

• Love
OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for all of the photos, Susan! Love how you got into the cargo area. Love this vehicle!
Aw, thanks Debbie.

I write guidebooks, so I drive a lot and camp a lot year-round. I usually pitch a tent, but if I get stuck in a blizzard or pouring rain, I sleep in my car - right now that's a tiny Suzuki SX4. It has a short wheelbase, AWD, and rear lockers and does surprisingly well on the backroads, but it's a tight squeeze for sleeping. I've pushed the seat all the way back and slept in the front seat when I had a passenger, and slept in the back seat when I was alone. Neither was comfortable, but I slept. So I wanted to know if I could stick an inflatable mattress in the back of the Bronco and sleep, if I had to. I know there's supposed to be some kind of sleeping solutions in the works for leveling out the back for a mattress platform, but I don't know if that's just for the four-door or for the two-door. Bottom line is that I can make this work - it's bigger than what I'm used to!

I may get one of those tents that slap onto the back (the "asphyxiation tent") and an awning, too; that way I can set up an office in the tent with a folding table and chair and a kitchen under the awning for when I'm on the road. I'd still use my regular old tents for sleeping.

I hope you get to see one soon - I was not disappointed at all. Even more excited...and really hope someone can figure out how to make those MIC tops, or just include the plumbing with the soft tops, so people would order those for their four-doors, instead! I know they'd still have to pay for installation but having the parts may be enough to change people's minds.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He took almost 200 photos. Trust me, you don't want to see the rest of them. Susan on the rear bumper. Susan on the tire. Susan hanging off the back door. Hahahahaha.
Wait a second... Has this already been decided? Can’t we at least we take a vote? :unsure:

• Haha

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I write guidebooks, so I drive a lot and camp a lot year-round. I usually pitch a tent, but if I get stuck in a blizzard or pouring rain, I sleep in my car - right now that's a tiny Suzuki SX4.
On a more serious note, what type of guidebooks? Travel, outdoors, climbing? Judging by your writing style and sense of humor, I bet you’re good at it. :)

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On a more serious note, what type of guidebooks? Travel, outdoors, climbing? Judging by your writing style and sense of humor, I bet you’re good at it. :)
Thank you!

Outdoor recreation guidebooks on hiking and mountaineering, but I also ghostwrite a lot of nonfiction - mostly business, finance, tech, that kind of stuff - for other authors. My sense of humor rarely finds its way into those books. I also write a newspaper column. I can get away with pretty much anything with that!

The link in that post goes to my author's page on Amazon, which has all my guidebooks. Most of the blogs on that page are repurposed from columns I wrote, some serious, some funny.

The ghostwritten books don't have my name on them or in them, unless an author thanks me in the acknowledgments.

I have three more guidebooks due by the fall.

Now you see why I really, really, REALLY need that dang Bronco. :D

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Can I Fit a 160 pound _______ in the Cargo Area of a 2-Door? ColorlessThinJunebug-size_restricted

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for your snaps and impressions. Gotta be some other threads with more photos of this 2 Door BL, right?

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for your snaps and impressions. Gotta be some other threads with more photos of this 2 Door BL, right?
I think a couple of other guys on this forum showed up after me and took photos, plus this one's supposed to be in New Mexico and Arizona shortly. So there should be pictures out there now, or coming soon.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice OP, THANKS!
160# in back?…………sure! My two 80# Labs are gonna love it!
Sponsored

• Haha