Sponsored

Can I Fit a 160 pound _______ in the Cargo Area of a 2-Door?

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The answer is yes, yes you can.

I spent an hour and a half with a 2-door Badlands at Phil Long Chapel Hills in Colorado Springs today. Here's some pics...others around here took more!

Here we go...

Lots of leg room.

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

And butt room.

IMG_1026.JPG

Getting in the back was a challenge for me, but kids wouldn't have any problem. Once I was back there, I was very comfortable. Lots of legroom. Very glad to be getting the step on my OBX. I had to haul myself into the thing. Not a big deal, but like someone else said in here, it would get old fast. I'm 5'6" and never wear heels.

IMG_1041.JPG

It's pretty inside. Cupholders and everything.

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

I put the back seats down to check out how much space was back there.

IMG_1053.JPG

And got in.

IMG_1054.JPG

Sleeping back here will be a problem but I'll make it work if I have to!

IMG_1058.JPG

Not flat.

IMG_1065.JPG

Maybe I'll just sit.

IMG_1096.JPG

I probably spent too much time back there.

IMG_1097.JPG

Cactus Gray's a pretty color and in certain light it actually does have a hint of green. That's right, I said it. Green. I was wrong.

IMG_1070.JPG

Of course, in other light...

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

Freaking 2-door on 33 tires is just too perfect. But I'm still getting an OBX.

IMG_1154.JPG

Roof panels off.

IMG_1164.JPG

Like I said, in certain light conditions, Cactus Gray looks sort of blueish.

IMG_1198.JPG

I have no idea what I'm looking at.

IMG_1171.JPG

Sticker.

IMG_1172.JPG

Horsey wheel.

IMG_1173.JPG

I'll take it! In Antimatter Blue, please.

IMG_1191.JPG

View attachment 121746
Cool thanks for the 2dr pics and you looked like you were havin way to much
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No doubt. I should have asked the sales guys if they'd sell it to me. Just the MIC top!
They could have just taken it off and set it in the corner until your early bird special topless showed up!!

• Haha
Reactions: sjp

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate all the photos! Are they going to have this Bronco on display through the weekend? I'm in Denver and don't know of any up this way except for the one at Mile High. Willing to drive down there and see Cactus Gray on a BL Bronco.

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Appreciate all the photos! Are they going to have this Bronco on display through the weekend? I'm in Denver and don't know of any up this way except for the one at Mile High. Willing to drive down there and see Cactus Gray on a BL Bronco.
I don't know for sure. I got an email saying it would be there from 10 am to 2 pm today, but I think they sent out other emails, staggering the times. I showed up just after 9 this morning (an hour early) and there were a lot of people sitting through a presentation. I suspect they got an invite for an earlier time.

You should call and ask. The email I got said "Saturday" in the subject line and "Friday" in the body, so it may be there tomorrow.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn’t look like you put the rear seat down properly. You have to flip up the bottom cushion first before you fold down the seat back. Should look like the seat on the left below. Just an FYI.

2875409E-5188-4ABA-A651-3DB736714982.jpeg

ughhh.... I just noticed this - what is the distance between the flipped back headrest to the tailgate? I regularly carry a long farmers market tent and need to make sure it will fit straight from the tailgate to the flipped back headrest. I was thinking at the worst case I can move the passenger seat forward and have more room - but it appears by this photo I am still limited with the headrest.

by the way thanks for your pictures and post - it was fun.

I will repost my quest as another thread too.... just in case someone sees this twice and wonders what I am doing. It is pretty important. And of course, we need more posts on this board to keep people on their feet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll need help, but yes we can. I’m hoping my 150quart Orca cooler will fit. Full of meat and ice it will surpass that weight requirement

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty awesome you jumped around in there, glad you got to see the rig, glad you had fun, and glad you posted about it!

Ford Bronco Can I Fit a 160 pound _______ in the Cargo Area of a 2-Door? bien-Ă©videmment-antoine-daniel-gif-4[1]

• Haha

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for posting. Very jealous. Glad that you got to inspect a 2 door and were kind enough to share.

Did you get a feeling for how you fit in relation to operating the clutch pedal. My wife is pretty short and has some concern about mashing the clutch all the way to the floor.

Almost looks like what I have on order. Except A51 color and High instead of Lux.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s rolling through Colorado right now but nobody knows where it’s going to be 98% of the time. Loveland, Fort Collins, Thornton, Colorado Springs.

I was lucky enough to catch this info last week for all the Colorado Springs folks. Doesn’t do me any good though lol, I live too far for that and I’m working.
Next stop, according to the Ford rep John, is Farmington, NM, then on to Arizona...

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done, Susan! Looks like you had fun!

Stewart did a great job with the pics. As a former full size Bronco owner, what did he think of it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for posting. Very jealous. Glad that you got to inspect a 2 door and were kind enough to share.

Did you get a feeling for how you fit in relation to operating the clutch pedal. My wife is pretty short and has some concern about mashing the clutch all the way to the floor.

Almost looks like what I have on order. Except A51 color and High instead of Lux.
I didn't try the clutch, since I'm getting an automatic and wasn't really thinking about it. But the pedals weren't a stretch for me at all, and I have fairly short legs (I'm 5'6").

Several other Coloradans showed up later and may have gotten the scoop on where this particular beauty is going to show up next (paging @BLTN Mr. @BLTN please).

EDIT: Never mind...great minds and all :)

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nicely done, Susan! Looks like you had fun!

Stewart did a great job with the pics. As a former full size Bronco owner, what did he think of it?
He loved it! Said it was very similar size- and proportion-wise to his old Bronco. He was happy to meet the other Bronco, too - Randy Gradishar. Stewart took pictures of me with my Bronco and I took pictures of him with his.

He took almost 200 photos. Trust me, you don't want to see the rest of them. Susan on the rear bumper. Susan on the tire. Susan hanging off the back door. Hahahahaha.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent pictures. Thank you very much. Mine will be like that one only in the BD flavor. How easy was it getting in the front seat? Much of a hop?

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Excellent pictures. Thank you very much. Mine will be like that one only in the BD flavor. How easy was it getting in the front seat? Much of a hop?
I had to use the handle to pull myself up. I'm 5'6" and don't wear heels. It wasn't a big deal, but I'll be happy to have the step in my OBX.