Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I realize those folks have a lot to learn with so many different models to sell. But damn, how hard is it to just go down the list on the order sheet, and click the little box? SMH
There used to be a commercial on tv in the 70s-80s here. "R.I.F. - Reading is fundamental"
Sponsored

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm telling ya....this sales guy is clueless. VERY slow responding, confused on about every thing I have asked. I sent him a very clear build sheet 3 weeks ago, with the codes for everything (but the differential). Everything I learned here. He sent back (after a week) a 50% wrong dream sheet. Automatic transmission vs 7 speed even. It's been like pulling teeth to get him to get just ONE build right on a dream sheet.

And I didn't want to risk moving my reservation to this dealer IF he would have hidden costs. That's what I'm doing, tying them down to what THE ACTUAL PRICE WILL BE. So I can convert my dealership to them, and order in the next 2 weeks. Been....difficult.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm telling ya....this sales guy is clueless. VERY slow responding, confused on about every thing I have asked. I sent him a very clear build sheet 3 weeks ago, with the codes for everything (but the differential). Everything I learned here. He sent back (after a week) a 50% wrong dream sheet. Automatic transmission vs 7 speed even. It's been like pulling teeth to get him to get just ONE build right on a dream sheet.

And I didn't want to risk moving my reservation to this dealer IF he would have hidden costs. That's what I'm doing, tying them down to what THE ACTUAL PRICE WILL BE. So I can convert my dealership to them, and order in the next 2 weeks. Been....difficult.
I think you answered your own question with this post. If the saleguy is clueless I don't know if I would trust him/her to give you the right answer on the price of your order. Somethings not right here.

I see you're in the southwest. If you're close enough to Iowa I suggest you look at Granger Ford if you move your reservation. They have been very clear on prices (1K under invoice for new transfers), and have kept all of us updated on everything. @Granger Ford (Albert) is the man in charge. He will give you the straight skinny on your build if you're interested.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Maybe see if you can speak to the sales manager and find a salesperson that can work WBDO better. If the sales manager is clueless too, maybe it's a sign.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I just went to B&P and didn't add anything. Dropped down to the rear axle section and simply added the locker to the 4.46 ratio. It's available.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These comments about being able to add it on B&P amaze me.

Yes , the B&P is correct this time, but always remember, it is only a marketing tool and is KNOWN to be full of errors.
The WBDO is the only thing that is official, as far as actually ordering something.

The order guide is just that , a guide, but they are usually correct in their information.

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone tell me what WBDO stands for? Disregard, I looked it up. Unlike many, I spend my time in about 5 hobby worlds. Hard to keep up with acronyms.

But I finally got a good order "preview order" that is accurate, and will go in and watch them order my Bronco tomorrow. I asked the guy if I would get an order confirmation will all options from Ford, he said yes. I'm assuming Ill also see my Ford page "reservation" flip to "order" and I can make sure everything stays the same there too....up until it is about to go into production.

No, grainger is not "close", unless 1,300 miles is close.

This a standard issue in life: you often know more than the person selling something does. I like it that way, and am not alarmed. Knowledge is power, so thanks again to apples for showing me that FINE PRINT footer that breaks the code for the locking rear differential.

I'm also a logical former engineer. If the Price/Build shows I can have it, the spec sheet and their preview sheet does too.....logic would dictate when I order it it be available. BTW, the preview sheet they sent me shows a $495 cost for the locking diff....about what I'd read it was 6 weeks ago. I just wanted to be fully armed when I order, so some dufus doesn't say "oh, you can't get that on this build" because he's lazy or confused. Then I would I smile and point out the numbers and don't leave until they get it right. That will take me maybe 1.5 hours and a trip to town. Versus driving 2,600 round trip to Indiana, get hotel rooms and meals, to save a grand.
Sponsored

Last edited: