Sponsored

Can I get a soft top if I have the roof rails?

bigredjumbo

Outer Banks
First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First time poster, long time reader - went to the dealer event today in Boston - Truck looks great, interior is really nice, I drive a Dodge Durango now -so it feels about the same "plasticky" wise so that's fine.

anyhow, I ordered MIC hard top and asked about how getting a soft top later - she said I should order it now so my dealership knows they need to get one at a later date - I'm all for it (think I'm going to go for the fast-back version) - question -can I get a soft top if I have the roof rails? Totally thought about this after I left the event. I'm sure there's a post already on this - but I'm a luddite when it comes to these message boards.

thanks!
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm off to see some Broncos at Stoneham in a few hours.

The roof rails will have to be removed to use the soft top. Its easy to do. They are meant to removable.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time poster, long time reader - went to the dealer event today in Boston - Truck looks great, interior is really nice, I drive a Dodge Durango now -so it feels about the same "plasticky" wise so that's fine.

anyhow, I ordered MIC hard top and asked about how getting a soft top later - she said I should order it now so my dealership knows they need to get one at a later date - I'm all for it (think I'm going to go for the fast-back version) - question -can I get a soft top if I have the roof rails? Totally thought about this after I left the event. I'm sure there's a post already on this - but I'm a luddite when it comes to these message boards.

thanks!
The “factory” roof rails are only an option with the hard top, as the rear of the rails attaches directly to the MIC top. As far as all the Yakima and aftermarket solutions, I would eat my hat if there wasn’t an option by actual vehicle launch date.

Some of the built Broncos being shown off had roof racks with the soft top by attaching to the rear quarter panels instead of the MIC top.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4WP is working on a rack that will work with soft top. It’s being discussed in their thread.

I’m personally keeping an eye on rack options that mount to the frame or other exoskeleton solutions myself.

Stock rack with 110 lbs dynamic is pretty pointless to me

OP
OP
bigredjumbo

bigredjumbo

Outer Banks
First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thanks for the response- very helpful - I went to the Stoneham event - they had a AMB Black Diamond with Sasquash and a Silver Badlands - both 4 door - folks were nice...showed how the doors come off - looks pretty easy...but I'm pretty good at messing things up - the soft top looks good - that's why I'm thinking aftermarket soft top - weather is great today - so everything looks great in the dealership lot!!

Sponsored

Deleted member 19285

I drive a Dodge Durango now -so it feels about the same "plasticky" wise so that's fine.
Ugh, that's the most damning thing I've read about the interior yet. I'm OK with Ford's in general and not expecting VW quality, but I'll be disappointed with a Dodge interior.

As a day 3 reservation, good thing is I'll have ...a year? to check out it in person.

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to wait for aftermarket roof rails like on my Jeep that stay on with what ever top or no top I'm using.
Ford Bronco Can I get a soft top if I have the roof rails? 10

OP
OP
bigredjumbo

bigredjumbo

Outer Banks
First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ugh, that's the most damning thing I've read about the interior yet. I'm OK with Ford's in general and not expecting VW quality, but I'll be disappointed with a Dodge interior.

As a day 3 reservation, good thing is I'll have ...a year? to check out it in person.
Upon reflection - the interior/buttons etc...seemed really good - more solid than the Dodge's...though my car has 120K miles on it - i really liked the interior...much more refined than the Wrangler...and the large screen is super cool - Its not a Range Rover - but its at a much lower price point that that...

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VW and quality in the same sentence, the things you read on Bronco6G! 🤣

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yesterday at work I saw a rental jeep with a tough looking rack that mounted below the body and to the wiper cowl area. I asked the driver if I could shake it just to see how solid it was. Well I shook it and the jeep didnt shake. :ROFLMAO: It was something akin to the strength of a soft top frame. Ok for surfboard but nothing else really. The 4wp one looks more solid with it mounting to the top of the quarter panel. I built a bumper mounted one for my 96 bronco that bolts into the bumper I made. It has served about 3 years with lumber and a roof top tent I dont think I have ever hauled more that 600lbs or so. I also mounts to the drip rail up front. Like a van rack. The f/r bars are moveable. It isnt as pretty as something I'd like for the new bronco though. Eventually I want to make it supported by rock rails and the front bumper. But have the whole top parts be bolt on.
Ford Bronco Can I get a soft top if I have the roof rails? IMG_7403

Dont laugh at me stuck on a bump on a picnic. Only gear I had was a bottle jack. But I got free quick enough.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
VW and quality in the same sentence, the things you read on Bronco6G! 🤣
VW put their money in the right places. Up until a certain point anyhow. Haven’t driven anything new in the past 20 years. But, while their interior choices left a lot to be desired - everything from the sound system to the suspension the drivetrain always used high quality components.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VW put their money in the right places. Up until a certain point anyhow. Haven’t driven anything new in the past 20 years. But, while their interior choices left a lot to be desired - everything from the sound system to the suspension the drivetrain always used high quality components.
Don’t forget the high repair costs and you are correct with the plaid trim! lol

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:p Interior fit and finish on my wife’s Passat and Tiguan was fantastic. Same with my A4. Much better than her Highlander.
I guess you haven’t heard all the issues with the Tiguan reliability, don’t know or care for the Pissant! lol
Sponsored