Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A momentary switch would be just fine if you used a relay. (I think.) You could install the factory switches, run a couple new wires and use a relay on each of the new runs.

Would reckon so - but to be clear - it would need to be a latching relay (not a standard relay).

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are momentary, likely tied to the BCM, and is unlikely to be 12V, as mentioned above. The best mod I've seen puts a Switchpros or equivalent in the blank switch spot.

Here's a couple blurred shots from the DelFab SEMA Build, which I cannot seem to track down better interior shots of. For two switch blanks, rotating the switch panel vertically should fill the space and add capability closer at hand than the AUX up top.

Ford Bronco Can I upgrade these switches? 1675817402800

Ford Bronco Can I upgrade these switches? 1675817186069

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know if it is possible to add a Four Button Switch Setup like this, in place of a Three, which came on my Black Diamond (BD), which includes a switch for my Rear Locker?
I eventually want to add a Front Locker to my BD.

Ford Bronco Can I upgrade these switches? 1700980516555

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know if it is possible to add a Four Button Switch Setup like this, in place of a Three, which came on my Black Diamond (BD), which includes a switch for my Rear Locker?
I eventually want to add a Front Locker to my BD.

Ford Bronco Can I upgrade these switches? 1700980516555
Tried it and couldn't get it to work, not smart with the programming side of things. Ended up using one of my AUX switches. I like it better this way because I can turn it on whenever I want! May end up doing the rear locker the same way.

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tried it and couldn't get it to work, not smart with the programming side of things. Ended up using one of my AUX switches. I like it better this way because I can turn it on whenever I want! May end up doing the rear locker the same way.
Did you try it using a reprogrammer or how/what did you do? I’m thinking of getting the Ford front locker and wiring harness available from Ford (and new half axles). Says requires reprogramming module. I’m wondering instead of using switch that comes w wiring harness, wire to the hero switch..

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you try it using a reprogrammer or how/what did you do? I’m thinking of getting the Ford front locker and wiring harness available from Ford (and new half axles). Says requires reprogramming module. I’m wondering instead of using switch that comes w wiring harness, wire to the hero switch..
I don't know, it's been a while. Got the wiring harness from a vehicle with locker, got the hero switch with front and rear locker and copied all the stuff from a Black Diamond SAS's modules to my modules and it didn't work.

I ended up cutting the harness an hooked to AUX 6.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford offers the Front Axle Upgrade, including the wiring for it I believe, all except for the OEM Dash Switch?
Why not include the Switch as well?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if Ford is saying programming is required with this kit, what is being programmed, and for what reason?

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So if Ford is saying programming is required with this kit, what is being programmed, and for what reason?
Good question. Here is a screenshot of the Ford Performance FDU

Ford Bronco Can I upgrade these switches? 1705427945693

Since they say you can use the FPT (the M-6603 part) to redo the module configuration, I'm thinking it's just to update the gear ratios - as that's really the only thing you can do with the tuner module. But I can't confirm that.

But, say, if you upgraded from a 190 4.46 to a 210 4.46 - what would change (at least on the computer side of things - obviously mechanically things change a bit) is a very good question, and I can't think of anything really. Unless you wanted to add the front locker capability to the GOAT modes or replace the HERO switch and add it in there (I don't know if any of them actuate the front locker)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted on a year old thread, but it may make more sense to start a new one. I do not have overhead aux switches and saw the thread about adding them. BUT, I only have 4 switches on my dash so there is room for 2 more. I'm wondering if I can swap this out and pick up a couple aux switches here. Photos are from the web of what I have and what I want, with the two new switches being available for the rocket launcher I plan on installing. Anyone have any helpful information?

But where will you the chicken mcnugget sauce when you are driving?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good question. Here is a screenshot of the Ford Performance FDU

Since they say you can use the FPT (the M-6603 part) to redo the module configuration, I'm thinking it's just to update the gear ratios - as that's really the only thing you can do with the tuner module. But I can't confirm that.

But, say, if you upgraded from a 190 4.46 to a 210 4.46 - what would change (at least on the computer side of things - obviously mechanically things change a bit) is a very good question, and I can't think of anything really. Unless you wanted to add the front locker capability to the GOAT modes or replace the HERO switch and add it in there (I don't know if any of them actuate the front locker)
I forgot, it's probably FAD if you have it and removing it.

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind you’d also need to order the full 6-switch cover as each switch does not have it’s own independent cover.

I have also considered this if I ever run out of upfitters in the future (I have one extra hole due to no SB disconnect).

My concern is that I don’t think the factory switches are ON/OFF. They are momentary type switches. e.g. just send a momentary pulse to the computer when you press them - which determines if a device needs to switch on or off depending on it’s current state.

So the trick would be to find an aftermarket on/off switch that can fit in the hole and be covered with the factory rubber switch panel cover.
If they are only momentary switches you can make a latching relay setup.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If they are only momentary switches you can make a latching relay setup.
True dat but to add yet another layer of complexity….they are surface mounted to a PCB.

Not saying Ford made it impossible. They just really really wanted to discourage all but the most bold among us. ;)
Sponsored