Sponsored

Can MIC and Modular Roof panels be removed if you have a roof rack?

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am wondering how easy it will be to remove roof panels with a rack on top, especially if I have a RTT on the rack. From the B&P pictures the roof rack appears to attach to the frame at the top of the windshield, which would seem to indicate that the front seat panels at least should be removable with the rack on but its hard to tell where exactly the rear attachment points are. Also if you have the rack toggled on and you switch the rendering to "roof off" the rack disappears. Does anybody know of some pictures that might answer this question?
Ford Bronco Can MIC and Modular Roof panels be removed if you have a roof rack? without rack
Ford Bronco Can MIC and Modular Roof panels be removed if you have a roof rack? with rack
Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rails attach to the rear cap, which has to be on for the rails to be installed. They do not attach to the roll bars/cage. The front panels can be removed but you cannot go rootless with that setup as is.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The two front panels are supposedly able to be removed with the rack on, and I believe the panels over the rear seats are as well, but the rest of the roof can’t be removed with the rack on as it’s where the rear of the rack mounts.

This is based on memory and what we’ve heard/pieced together from various Ford reps. Afaik there hasn’t been proof of either front or rear panels being removed with the rack on, but if I’m wrong someone can jump in on this.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been trying to figure it out too.
One of the walk around videos said you could remove the front ones but they didn’t demonstrate it. I think it might be a little tight but i think you can. If not I’m certain there will be some sort of aftermarket spacer.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The two front panels are supposedly able to be removed with the rack on, and I believe the panels over the rear seats are as well, but the rest of the roof can’t be removed with the rack on as it’s where the rear of the rack mounts.

This is based on memory and what we’ve heard/pieced together from various Ford reps. Afaik there hasn’t been proof of either front or rear panels being removed with the rack on, but if I’m wrong someone can jump in on this.
The fronts can be removed, but the 2nd row would require at least partial removal of the roof rack. Been covered many times.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the 2 dr, yes front panel can be removed easily with roof rack. The rear section would need the rack to be removed.
Sponsored