Sponsored

Can Someone Explain Big Bend? (Not trolling)

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m in the exact same damn boat. I’m hoping that when the B&P comes out some options are cheaper than we think (HA!) cause currently I’m having a hard time not just jumping up to a non-squatch Badlands. Really only want Squatch on lower trims for gearing and non-puny tires. But for the prices we’re currently calculating, might as well go badlands and not have an empty spot on the “hero” buttons as an added bonus!
Oh yeah, I forgot the Badlands, which once again, falls under that ballpark. If Badlands came with mid package standard (which I still don't know why it doesn't), then it would be straight Badlands 2.7L + HT and I'd drive into the sunset. I really hope the B&P come out Oct 1st, but it'll be more like 31st haha :(
Sponsored

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

About a grand ... parts and labor .... , depending what locker also.
Detroit Locker = cheap
Eaton(Dana) E-Locker / ARB / OX = BIG $$$.

It really pays to go Squatch if you think you MIGHT get into gearing or bigger tires.

Figure two axles just to regear and lock after adding big tires .....$2000 ....and thats not the bigger axle to handle the bigger tires. If you are really wheeling that hard, you'll need that axle sooner or later.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/lockers/rd246-arb-front-rear-air-locker-m220-m210-35-spline
I'm an off-road noob. Can you explain the axle information? If I'm not doing any major off-roading, can I just get away with adding 32 or 33 inch tires to the Base rims? I'm assuming I won't need to upgrade the axles for the mild stuff I'd want to do. I guess regearing since the speedo would be off?

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been doing this math ever since the survey pricing came out, and I usually end up around the 47-48K ballpark for the trims I’m looking at with the packages I’m looking at.
Big Bend with 2.7 auto, HT, Sasquatch, mid package
Black Diamond set up just as above
OBX with HT, Sasquatch, and 2.7L.
They’re all within the same ballpark. Ford is too smart to give us a true “bang for your buck” option.
Maybe a non-squatch OBX with added rear locker is the “very capable DD” version (for those of us who plan DD90% off-road 10%) ?
i want to see interior photos and details. by passing on vinyl and leather, I can get the rest of what I want for $45k-ish. It’s all guess work until we see details.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's incorrect info.

Base Bronco comes with AC, power windows and locks. Automatics can be remote started from your phone.

2D base comes with a hard top.

Those features blow away what's offered on the basic Wrangler.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They've priced it well to force these scenarios. But right now I'm at v6 basesquatch for me. I'll take that over 2.3 BD all day. Aftermarket can add all the off road perks bd has. Engine, gearing, suspension, and tires are way more important than rails, plates and bumpers IMO.
Another consideration for sure! I was set on V6...until Mansquatch became an option. I'm really leaning to Squatch and for some reason the 2.3 has a bit more appeal with a manual behind it. Possibly false hope, but I "think" it will feel more powerful with the manual. Steel bumpers and rails would be wanted, but how quick will the aftermarket catch up....and would I rather just roll it all in to financing. Not crazy about the Squatch wheels, but those should be easily flipped.

The BB just seems to hit in the middle-close enough to BD you might as well step up/if your going to sacrifice for a bargain-just go base

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it’ll still be around $5000 for mansquatch. I don’t think the Sasquatch package includes the auto. Ford does this all the time where you add something and there it adds required options. Back when survey pricing came out, Sasquatch was $5000 on Outer Banks which already has the auto. If not, that is great but I wouldn’t count on it.
Mmm. Good point. Auto is a different upcharge.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I decide to go carpet seats, Big Bend, medium, Sasquatch, 2.7L could be a nice priced option.
This is right where I am (after weeks of spaghetti brain).

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OT - Does that just bug you too???!!?
Extremely!! It’s such a small thing, but legitimately one of my biggest annoyances with the Bronco. Even if they just left the empty spots as a dead button it would look so much better than a f’ing empty hole!! It just looks so unfinished.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are so many Bronco questions that can be answered by just looking at Wranglers

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really am not looking to troll anyone or disparage anybody’s choices, I’m just wondering if I’m completely missing something.

It seems to me that for 4400 bucks above the base, what you’re really buying is the right to buy more stuff that you can’t get on the base, like a locker, like the mid package. I see there are a couple of actual things that you get: leather wrapped steering wheel, fog lights, privacy glass, slightly larger tires and rims. Also a different grill.

But those items certainly don’t equal 4400 bucks, so I’m wondering if the price is simply a fee you have to pay to enable access to more features that you also have to pay for. Did I miss something?

Again, I’m not trolling and I’m not trying to start any crap, I’m genuinely interested in understanding this a little bit better. Is the base model really a loss leader for them? Is this the real true pricing of what this truck should cost?
It must be a fee. Because they won't offer all the paint colors on the base. You don't even get the white Bronco letters on the grill or signature headlights.
Sponsored