Sponsored

Can Someone Explain Big Bend? (Not trolling)

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you only do mild off roading, you will not have any issues with 32” or 33” tires. Just make sure you don’t go wider than 265 on the stock rims. See Incognito’s post #85 in this thread. He is suggesting 255/85/16, and that’s a true 33” tire. Or, you can go to a 265/75/16 which is close to 32”.

Awesome. Thanks!

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm still leaning toward the BB. The Base with Sasquatch is still in my thoughts, but still not sure; and it would be overkill for me, with a color I didn't want.

I was talking to some guys at work, and they said I might as well get what I want, because I'll regret it later.

I just really like the look of the BB with the fog lights and tire & wheel combo. Once I saw it in that picture on the BB thread, and the depictions on Ford's website I was hooked.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still leaning toward the BB. The Base with Sasquatch is still in my thoughts, but still not sure; and it would be overkill for me, with a color I didn't want.

I was talking to some guys at work, and they said I might as well get what I want, because I'll regret it later.

I just really like the look of the BB with the fog lights and tire & wheel combo. Once I saw it in that picture on the BB thread, and the depictions on Ford's website I was hooked.
That was my thinking too, wanting BB because of the 17" aluminum wheels. Now re-thinking, the price diff from Base, $5k. Move back to Base then have that money to get options I want. Waiting for B&P...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That was my thinking too, wanting BB because of the 17" aluminum wheels. Now re-thinking, the price diff from Base, $5k. Move back to Base then have that money to get options I want. Waiting for B&P...
Until build and price shows up we won't know for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if the base model has very slim pickings for options

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Until build and price shows up we won't know for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if the base model has very slim pickings for options
I'll have to go aftermarket 3rd party...

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
Come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen a Base Jeep Wrangler... only the Sport S and up on the lots.

A 2021 Base 2DR Bronco 2.3L, 7spd with Sasquatch package only - would probably be a total Unicorn.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It adds heated seats too.
Leather wraped steering wheel is one thing I would want from it.

Option of the rear locker.

If you want the 4 door it is not a bad deal. The 2 door has a bigger price jump and you could do a lot of aftermarket stuff for that much money. But for a lot of people they would really enjoy what it adds and may not want to deal with aftermarket. The aftermarket will take at least a year to catch up.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never really considered the BB in my potential builds/wants but one thing for sure, the pics Ford put on the site really make it look awesome with a good stance. It catches your eye every time you look at the photo gallery.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll have to go aftermarket 3rd party...
That depends on what kind of options you want probably. We just need the damn build and price!

Come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen a Base Jeep Wrangler... only the Sport S and up on the lots.

A 2021 Base 2DR Bronco 2.3L, 7spd with Sasquatch package only - would probably be a total Unicorn.
Base 2 door Broncos are going to be extremely rare as is, i doubt there is many on the lots when the finally show up

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I had a base Jeep wrangler JK. It was a 2015 model. The one thing about the wrangler sport I had is, it did come with nice starter tires, the same size of the BB tires.

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I have a 4 door Base reserved I’ve convinced myself to go the BB 2 door due to fact that with the options I want and with Ford changing the auto on the base the BB would be about 15 dollars more for me...and I get the color I want?...no brainer...cactus grey here I come!!!!!

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those romanticizing the Base model should be careful. You don't get to see this vehicle in person, and there is a very good chance that it looks the price. Think about the Ford F-150 work trucks. You get what you pay for. They aren't going to look like the Badlands that they been showing.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those romanticizing the Base model should be careful. You don't get to see this vehicle in person, and there is a very good chance that it looks the price. Think about the Ford F-150 work trucks. You get what you pay for. They aren't going to look like the Badlands that they been showing.
If you Sasquatch it, or lift it yourself and slap on 35+s, it will look bad ass regardless of trim level.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well the Bronco is directly competing with the Wrangler.

Ford can't cheap out too far and still have any hope of stealing sales away from Jeep.
The base Wrangler uses the same interior as the Sport S ( Big Bend competitor) Jeep simply replaces all of the Sport S flash and leather bits with matte black plastic.

When the Bronco is fully reestablished, the mid life refresh around 2027MY might have some unpleasant surprises for Base buyers.
Sponsored