Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe someone can help make sense of this for me. My three must-haves with the bronco are manual transmission, sasquatch and 2-doors.

So those things being equal: what's the difference between a Base Mansquatch and a Black Diamond Mansquatch?

All I can come up with is the washout interior. The difference in price between those two builds is at least $5,000. I don't see rubber floors and MGV seats being worth that much. I guess you could include different grill, interior accents, etc, but I don't see those adding to the price difference.

I'm asking because I was initially attracted to the Black Diamond because of the washout interior, and originally Ford made it seem like you could get the Mid Package on the Black Diamond, but Mike Levine confirmed you can't get it with the manual transmission (only available on Badlands).

Which I guess if I really want the mid package, I'm forced to go up another two trim levels to Badlands, which is rediculous when you think about it given my must haves. That equates to at least $10k difference between basemansquatch and Badlands with mid package.

Am I missing something? This makes basemansquatch that much more tempting.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not worried about wash out floors. Getting a base. If I need to I'll get weather teck liners ( Jeep is about 110) or just do what I do now, take the carpeted liners out at the car wash , hang 'em up and hit them with the pressure washer ...

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting. I guess you don't get the upgraded bash plates and rock rails? That's the only other thing I can think of. IDK, I'm going to BD for mid and because I can get orange (I'm going auto though, so don't have the same issue about no mid). I wouldn't be surprised to see mid/man as an option by the time they update B&P for mansquach (at least on the trim levels that offer mid at all). I'm just making stuff up. though.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t forget the front and rear steel bumpers.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Compared to the Base, with the BD you get the heavy duty modular bumper up front, steel bumper in back, heavy duty bash plates, rock rails, auxiliary switches, MGV seats, wash out floor, 7 GOAT modes and access to the Mid Package.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe someone can help make sense of this for me. My three must-haves with the bronco are manual transmission, sasquatch and 2-doors.

So those things being equal: what's the difference between a Base Mansquatch and a Black Diamond Mansquatch?

All I can come up with is the washout interior. The difference in price between those two builds is at least $5,000. I don't see rubber floors and MGV seats being worth that much. I guess you could include different grill, interior accents, etc, but I don't see those adding to the price difference.

I'm asking because I was initially attracted to the Black Diamond because of the washout interior, and originally Ford made it seem like you could get the Mid Package on the Black Diamond, but Mike Levine confirmed you can't get it with the manual transmission (only available on Badlands).

Which I guess if I really want the mid package, I'm forced to go up another two trim levels to Badlands, which is rediculous when you think about it given my must haves. That equates to at least $10k difference between basemansquatch and Badlands with mid package.

Am I missing something? This makes basemansquatch that much more tempting.
BD gets you:
more color choices
Vinyl seats
wash-out interior
metal bumpers
upgraded bashplates
rock rails
+2 GOAT modes
overhead aux switches

Maybe more but at least that

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. I guess you don't get the upgraded bash plates and rock rails? That's the only other thing I can think of. IDK, I'm going to BD for mid and because I can get orange (I'm going auto though, so don't have the same issue about no mid). I wouldn't be surprised to see mid/man as an option by the time they update B&P for mansquach (at least on the trim levels that offer mid at all). I'm just making stuff up. though.
I doubt the mid/manual becomes a reality. They’ve made it a point to hang that out over everyone’s heads. I gotta believe they shorted themselves on the manual take rate and are trying to divert some takers by including auto into the price of either the mid package or the 2.7.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Compared to the Base, with the BD you get the heavy duty modular bumper up front, steel bumper in back, heavy duty bash plates, rock rails, auxiliary switches, MGV seats, wash out floor, 7 GOAT modes and access to the Mid Package.
His 'must haves' included a manual transmission, he would need to pop another $6000 or thereabouts to get a mid package with a manual. (Jump to Badlands for $9000 and another $1495 for the mid package minus Sasquatch cost) more if he still wants Sqch with the BL

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think your correct, with the few item difference you and others above have mentioned, but I think the strategy was to offer the wheels and off-road goodies at any trim level and that's great but its making the upgrades more trivial as you go toward the midlevel model. If you can live with the base that's the value proposition for sure.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah you have access to all the paint colors on the BD. Kinda cheesy but I think the Base doesn't come with the center console grab handle lol.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My opinion BD is the best bang for your buck. Move up to BL and you're set for bigger tires later.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
His 'must haves' included a manual transmission, he would need to pop another $6000 or thereabouts to get a mid package with a manual. (Jump to Badlands for $9000 and another $1495 for the mid package) minus Sasquatch cost)
Yup, forgot about the manual and no Mid Package except for the Badlands which really sucks.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you read the details for both, there are many differences. 30 inch tires vs 32, aux switches on BD, keyless entry etc.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I can tell you get the following:
  • Gray grille with white lettering
  • Bigger tires and wheels
  • Steel front and rear bumpers
  • Rock rails and bash plate
  • Locking Rear differential
  • 2 extra G.O.A.T. modes
  • Privacy glass - 2nd row and swing gate
  • MGV interior
  • interior grab handle
  • leather wrapped steering wheel
  • Auxilliary switches
  • rubberized flooring
  • MOLLE strap system on seat backs
  • The ability to get Area 51 or Cactus Grey as your exterior color

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Custom marine grade vinyl seats done with an upholstery shop will be well over $5k for a good quality for all seats done.
Sponsored