Sponsored

Can the middle roof section on a 4-door be removed and carried onboard somehow?

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a wild trak 4-door on order w/storage bags for doors and two front roof panels. I assume those 6 pieces can be carried onboard together (I know the doors can). But I also want the middle roof section to be able to be removed and carried onboard somehow. Is that possible? I don't care about securing it, storing it in a bag etc as I would only do this for street cruising or day trips on regular roads without the potential for banging around. I just need it removed and to have the ability to put it back on if weather condition change etc. With the back seats folded would this work somehow?
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh yeah, where there's a will there's a way. You may have to stack them, but if you have the front sections in the storage bags that will keep them all from scuffs.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the doors take up the back area so the question is can 3 roof panels fit in the back seat some way. The panel over the back seat is big it is as wide as the truck. But maybe if you turned it on end?
Maybe the aftermarket will find an answer.
My brother had a jeep and there was no way to do this but he never tried. Maybe if you only had the top panels and not the doors? The roof seamed more important then the doors if some bad weather or or just too much sun.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most likely if you put the back seat down and lay the piece from front to back. Probably...

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have wondered about just being able to store the 3 roof panels in the back and still have the rear seats available. I'd imagine at a minimum the mid panel would have to be at an angle to fit.

I've also briefly wondered about the possibility of cutting the mid panel in half, adding some sort of hinge, as well as some sort of weather stripping. The idea being that it could be removed and folded in half to fit more easily.

Don't think I'm brave enough to experiment on mine though.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or maybe a roof rack just over the back part to hold the panel. There was a prototype roof rack that was just over the back. It would need to be aftermarket.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking about putting the middle section on a roof rack over the rear shell. Whenever that becomes a thing on Squatched builds.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think there's enough space between the side wall and where the doors would be hanging in the back to lean the mid panel on its side and let it run over the back of the laid down rear seat. The thickness of the hard top cant be any more than maybe 2 inches. All you would have to do is make sure the cupped ends would fit in the rear between the closed back hatch and the doors in their bags. Hopefully I worded this in a way that makes sense. Lol.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about if you could mount it 90 %'s from normal from the windshield back. It would be similar to driving with T tops in by gone days.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will put mine on the trail sight mounts I may even fab up a bracket the solidly locks it on instead of just a ratchet strap. I actually think it will look cool like a old safari rover with gear on the hood.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or maybe a roof rack just over the back part to hold the panel. There was a prototype roof rack that was just over the back. It would need to be aftermarket.
I'm definitely interested in a rack option that just fits over the rear clamshell.
Not sure I want to use it for the roof panel though. I suppose it would work as long as I could still have other stuff up there.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty sure Ford has said you can store the doors and front panels at the same time (4 door of course)...but I've never seen anyone claim you can fit it ALL at once. They don't even include the middle bags unless you pay extra.

I'm ASSuming that there are mixes you can do, but not everything. (E.g all roof tops but only 2 doors.

My eventual plan is to get a roof rack on the rear claim only and that is where my Middle roof would go.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the one topic I have been trying to find answers on for the past 7 months. I just want to be able to somehow fit all 3 roof panels in the back and still have the rear seats available, but so far nobody knows for sure. I'm assuming at the very least I'll be able to fold the 40 split seat down and store it on its side but it would be amazing if it fit in the back somehow.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the one topic I have been trying to find answers on for the past 7 months. I just want to be able to somehow fit all 3 roof panels in the back and still have the rear seats available, but so far nobody knows for sure. I'm assuming at the very least I'll be able to fold the 40 split seat down and store it on its side but it would be amazing if it fit in the back somehow.
I don't see how it is going to fit in the back without at least one of the seats folded. It's a big roof section.
Sponsored