Sponsored

Can the Sasquatch wheels be used without the beadlock ring?

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can the Sasquatch wheels be used without the beadlock ring? Assuming/hoping it’s black underneath. I don’t like the silver ring part and probably won’t ever use the beadlock.
Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Theoretically, yes. But that is only a trim ring from the factory. The wheel will look "incomplete" or basically taken apart IMHO.

The actual beadlock rings will have to be purchased from Ford and will have more bolts holding it on.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the Sasquatch wheels be used without the beadlock ring? Assuming/hoping it’s black underneath. I don’t like the silver ring part and probably won’t ever use the beadlock.
You're going to want to keep the beauty ring on. If you hate it, try to trade/sell your rims after you get it for something you like. Like the other poster said, you'll have exposed threading which looks bad.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're going to want to keep the beauty ring on. If you hate it, try to trade/sell your rims after you get it for something you like. Like the other poster said, you'll have exposed threading which looks bad.
@coolbreeze your best bet is probably to paint or powder coat that trim ring. Maybe go body color? You probably could even get it chromed if you wanted, that might be a nice little splash of color too.

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@coolbreeze your best bet is probably to paint or powder coat that trim ring. Maybe go body color? You probably could even get it chromed if you wanted, that might be a nice little splash of color too.
yea powder coat is a good idea tbh.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theoretically, yes. But that is only a trim ring from the factory. The wheel will look "incomplete" or basically taken apart IMHO.

The actual beadlock rings will have to be purchased from Ford and will have more bolts holding it on.
Exactly. Some miss the "capable" part. I want to say it's $800 to actually make them beadlock.

OP
OP
coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks everyone. Guess I’ll have them powder coated black or try to trade someone with a WT.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

already a thread on this...

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s a pic of the sqautch wheel with the Ford beadlock ring on it (the one you can buy for like $700+). As you can see, there are A LOT of holes to hold the bead lock ring on. Therefoee, if you remove the beauty ring, there will be like 30 exposed holes and it will look odd.

I don’t think the warm alloy color is that bad (As I’m getting white and it kinda looks white-ish) but I plan to paint the warm alloy ring carbonized grey (for like $125) immediately after getting home with my new a Bronco.

Ford Bronco Can the Sasquatch wheels be used without the beadlock ring? B743E480-4B9D-4815-B71F-376E56EB1C79

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know if the rings are steal or alloy but if the latter, you can easily just polish them and get a really nice look. Did that with the outer lip on some motorcycle rims and turned out nice.

IMG_0572.JPG

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the first things I'm doing is getting them powder coated in orange that matches the BL badge/stitching. I like the look of it against the CG color in going wth.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of the first things I'm doing is getting them powder coated in orange that matches the BL badge/stitching. I like the look of it against the CG color in going wth.
Same I want to go all black powder coat .. how much $ you think that will cost ?
Sponsored