First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting confused at all the anger and frustration with Fords communication. They are literally fighting against forces they can’t control(chips, hard top shortages, COVID) that directly affect their builds. Week by week some new challenge for them pops up, I can only imagine the chaos thats going on over at HQ. This forum has ultimately spoiled us because originally we all were prepared to get our build dates in MAY. We need to step back and take a deep breath, because Ford is truly trying their best, we are just spoiled rotten. With all that being said, I better get my VIN this week or I'm getting my pitchfork🤣.
I think it is more a lack of communication from Ford that people are frustrated over. Seriously though...please explain in detail your theory that (chips, hard top shortages, COVID) prevent Ford from informing the reservation holders, you know...communication, of changes or updates in promised dates or the website FAQ on reservations that still has official information that was changed six months ago?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have said from the beginning .. Ford should have NEVER communicated anything about the Bronco. Keep it completely a secret until it was ready to be sold.

It is obvious that this forum will complain about everything so say nothing so there is nothing to complain about.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the priority build BS!
Agreed it was BS but honestly, I was pretty sure from the get go that Leno wasn't going to have to wait in line ;)

I'm ok with the 1-2 per dealer Priority Orders. Small number compared to the 190k reservation holders that cut in front of me due to 2,999 other Ford dealers!

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take on it is the supply issues are a result of JIT manufacturing and the lean inventor model it creates. Not really something Ford did by themselves or that they are the only ones. Good lord try and find a video card...bare shelves.

I think the "Rock Stars" need their hooker and blow allowance trimmed with the various delays in the B&P and issues and delays. Granted some of those non 21 items became an issue at a later date.
Marketing also seemed to be way out of step...IMHO the reveal was way early and their timing with the rock star web developers was off as well. So to that point was marketing driving web dev to an unrealistic date or was web dev that far behind.

In the end I think the timing and whatnot during a pandemic being set back 6 to 8 weeks is not bad but Ford definitely has some areas to work on. The awesome thing is I can not wait to get my bronco Ford knocked this suckered from an actual product so far out of the park.
Sponsored