Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I occasionally run a 50/50 e85 mixed with 97 octane unleaded available here. Im also running a piggy backed jb4 tuner with more aggressive fuel maps. Zero issues running this mix. Feels like a 75hp gain. Dont care about 2-3 mpg loss.
Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just went through my first tank of E30. To start things off, I checked the E85 ethanol content at my local Sheetz. It’s only 70%…anyway, I used a fuel calculator to ensure I was getting an accurate E30 mix. Been humming around town with the JB4 in map 3 and ….man, it’s a beast.

Decided to go back to just 93 today and it feels lame…

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just went through my first tank of E30. To start things off, I checked the E85 ethanol content at my local Sheetz. It’s only 70%…anyway, I used a fuel calculator to ensure I was getting an accurate E30 mix. Been humming around town with the JB4 in map 3 and ….man, it’s a beast.

Decided to go back to just 93 today and it feels lame…
Are you still on map 3 after switching back to 93? I know it says E30 for map 3, but I run it all the time with only 93.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you still on map 3 after switching back to 93? I know it says E30 for map 3, but I run it all the time with only 93.
For now I am. I was using Map 2 in normal mode and map 3 for sport using 93.

Also, I shouldn’t say it feels lame because it’s still much faster than stock. It’s just with the e30 blend the engine purrs and has more power everywhere. I can’t say I saw much of a difference using map 4 and 5, so I stayed in Map 3 using e30.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let's not forget the OP's original question, "Can we run E85 in the Bronco?". The answer is no, because without a professional tune you're going to be running too lean which CAN cause damage to your engine.
Post #13 directly contradicts this assertion.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who are you going to believe?

Someone who has actually done it or the Internet expert who read the manual and the brochure?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Who are you going to believe?

Someone who has actually done it or the Internet expert who read the manual and the brochure?
Perhaps obviously, the latter. Just seemed like it was worth pointing out your implied conclusion above, albeit in a somewhat more subtle fashion ;)

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Kind of. His 2nd point should be very concerning to anyone who drives their Bronco hard. The factory engine calibration CANNOT compensate for straight E85. Short term fuel trims will be maxed out and the engine WILL run lean at WOT. Personally, I would not run anything over E30 on the factory calibration. Even then, STFT's will be pretty aggressive since the fuel system is trying to hit a higher stoic than is needed with ethanol blends.

Once the PCM's are unlocked hopefully there will be a flex fuel box that can just be checked just like on older ecoboost vehicles.

Everyone is welcome to run whatever fuel as they wish, but some lessons are hard learned.

Just my .02 as a someone who has dabbled in tuning for the last 10 years.

MikeinTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If anyone is interested. I set my JB4 to Map 5 and logged a few WOT runs using E30. I then sent the logs to Burger and they said everything is functioning as intended. Here’s a screenshot of the log if anyone wants a closer look.

Ford Bronco Can we run 85 ethanol in the Bronco? BF69D146-3CA9-43D5-8E68-49CC3283AA07

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just asking cause it’s $3.79/gallon instead of the $6/gallon.
If not, why?
Why not? Because you need to burn 1/3 more alcohol to get the same power from gasoline...
Be prepared to get shit mileage and stopping at the pump often 🤷

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it, you can tune the Bronco to run E85, but why? The Bronco is NOT a Mustang. Why anyone would want to void their warranty to pull a few extra HP and run MORE cheaper gas is beyond me. The Bronco has WAY more than enough power to do what it's designed to do, which off-roading if anyone forgot.

I mean it's really like you people are out here trying to rock crawl in a Mustang... Same thing.

Let's not forget the OP's original question, "Can we run E85 in the Bronco?". The answer is no, because without a professional tune you're going to be running too lean which CAN cause damage to your engine.
All I can say is that silly men often do silly things.

In my opinion, Ethanol shouldn’t even exist for fuel; it’s literally adding sugar to your gas tank. That trash is bad in any 2 stroke motor, your boat, lawn mower, weed trimmer, and def my backpack blower. Well, putting sugar in your gas tank is equally destructive.

I understand the farm subsidy that created this additive, but high fructose corn syrup is also what makes us all fat and likely has killed many members of your family over the last 40 years.

Yes, modern vehicle engines are “engineered” to run a certain amount of the sugar additive, but it’s terrible on mpg, but I will admit that it does burn sort of clean other than the sugary residue it leaves in your engine and gunks it up over a few years.

Your best bet is to stick to burning Top Tier gas; whatever octane you prefer which means it has detergents in it that can help control all of that sugar gunk. And, switch to only full synthetic motor oil.

This is my first Ford, but in my previous number of BMWs and Land Rover products, good gas and high performance full synthetic motor oil have never let me down. So, if you plan to keep your Bronco as I do for basically forever, you want to limit the effects of the sugar gas and oil that breaks down quickly for something that’s cleaner.

All of the fool‘s logic, fake analysis, and BS expertise I’ve read over these pages on the merits of ethanol is almost akin to propaganda for the uninitiated which has become all to normal In this country over the past decade or so and it’s alarming as hell.

WAKE UP AMERICA! :sleep:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You notice how I intentionally emphasized the word "CAN". Didn't say "will cause damage", I said "CAN cause damage". SO post #13 doesn't contradict my assertion because my assertion wasn't an absolute.

Think of it this way: If I play Russian Roulette, I CAN shoot myself in the head, doesn't mean I will, but I CAN. If you run E85 in your Bronco, you CAN cause problems with your engine...

If you want an absolute here you go: If you run E85 in your Bronco you WILL, ABSOLUTLEY, 100% void your warranty because the manual tells you specifically not to.

So be like the guy in post #13 and announce on a public forum (that Ford monitors) that you've voided your warranty. Smart...

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You notice how I intentionally emphasized the word "CAN". Didn't say "will cause damage", I said "CAN cause damage". SO post #13 doesn't contradict my assertion because my assertion wasn't an absolute
I stand by my conclusion. You literally said,

Can we run E85 in the Bronco?". The answer is no
Which post #13 contradicts with empirical evidence.
Sponsored