Sponsored

Can we trust a production date if we got one?

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my years of experience here at a Ford dealer until the week of the build you can see the date change. However considering all the negative energy pushing these any further back would cause I would doubt it on a 2021.
Haha change for the better or worse?
Sponsored

Chachi1551

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You're in the last week of 2021 production, you can't go back any further. You have a VIN, which means Ford is confident they can build your vehicle this year.

The threads about people waiting years is for those that don't have a VIN and production date.
I think the folks who may wait years are the ones who were super happy to accept a deal from a dealer who was claiming they would/are selling these vehicles for under invoice by I believe a thousand or more. They ended up with more orders than the dealership can handle and now when their allocation based on years of previous sales is not helping them get them they cry foul play. Maybe they shouldn't have cheap sold a brand new product that has the buzz that the Bronco clearly had, maybe just giving the public an MSRP deal was enough without trying to gouge them but trying to garner a greater market share on a new product by giving it away was a bad idea.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the folks who may wait years are the ones who were super happy to accept a deal from a dealer who was claiming they would/are selling these vehicles for under invoice by I believe a thousand or more. They ended up with more orders than the dealership can handle and now when their allocation based on years of previous sales is not helping them get them they cry foul play. Maybe they shouldn't have cheap sold a brand new product that has the buzz that the Bronco clearly had, maybe just giving the public an MSRP deal was enough without trying to gouge them but trying to garner a greater market share on a new product by giving it away was a bad idea.
^^^^works at a big dealer^^^^

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have a VIN then you will get your car soon, you are scheduled on the last week of the year so worst case they produce your car in 2022! not sure if that's possible, but to my understanding, once VIN is issued that's it, set in stone.

My production date got pushed twice, but my current is next week, so there is wiggle room for me but not so much wiggle for you.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a VIN then you will get your car soon, you are scheduled on the last week of the year so worst case they produce your car in 2022! not sure if that's possible, but to my understanding, once VIN is issued that's it, set in stone.

My production date got pushed twice, but my current is next week, so there is wiggle room for me but not so much wiggle for you.
What're the chances you think I get switched over to a MY22? Would've happened already right?

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What're the chances you think I get switched over to a MY22? Would've happened already right?

I am not sure if that's possible, your VIN is a 2021 VIN so has to be MY2021, now is it possible to build MY2021 car in let's say the first week of Jan. 2022? I have no idea, others here may answer this question but either or, you will get your car sooner than anyone with MY2022 car.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would take something serious like a tornado hitting MAP to pull back a VIN that's already been issued. It's a rare thing. The MY is embedded in the VIN and there's rules about that. But everything else has already happened with this launch, so why not.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would take something serious like a tornado hitting MAP to pull back a VIN that's already been issued. It's a rare thing. The MY is embedded in the VIN and there's rules about that. But everything else has already happened with this launch, so why not.

I agree, you never know, but it's very unlikely for that extreme to happen.

Chachi1551

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haha change for the better or worse?
I have seen them move up and back. But again I feel like they are really trying to manage this process better with all that is riding on it. Just be glad you don't have a Transit Van on order or a Tremor Super Duty....

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
others have been delayed, and there seems to be no absolute reason that could not happen to units that would get shifted beyond the model year threshold. supply shortages have been popping up all over the industry and ford cannot possibly predict them.

No one knows if you'll get built that week, but you know your on deck sooner rather than later, but I wouldnt go taking vacation that week just yet :)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are not a mega dealer or a multi-store dealer. Not even the biggest in our town, but believe what you must.
Well, I knew you were dealer based on the first post I read by you…no one rational could think like that. You were jealous and a bit of a crybaby, and it showed.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
others have been delayed, and there seems to be no absolute reason that could not happen to units that would get shifted beyond the model year threshold. supply shortages have been popping up all over the industry and ford cannot possibly predict them.

No one knows if you'll get built that week, but you know your on deck sooner rather than later, but I wouldnt go taking vacation that week just yet :)
Yeah I'm just hoping my VIN doesn't get switched to a MY22. because Ford wouldn't be building MY21s after or during them building MY22s right? And haha it'll take a month to get here after it gets to the dealership I ordered with

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I'm just hoping my VIN doesn't get switched to a MY22. because Ford wouldn't be building MY21s after or during them building MY22s right? And haha it'll take a month to get here after it gets to the dealership I ordered with
they will roll into 22's the next day.

think of it this way, for the difference of a week or 2, your car is 1 full year newer when it comes time to sell it.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they will roll into 22's the next day.

think of it this way, for the difference of a week or 2, your car is 1 full year newer when it comes time to sell it.
You're saying my VIN could get rolled into a 22? But yeah in terms of resell, I'm unbothered.
Sponsored