Sponsored

Can you disable Ford Co Pilot360 / driver assist functions?

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm still pricing out my build. I am interested in the mid package, but I absolutely don't want that co pilot 360 crap. I don't want my vehicle screaming at me every time it thinks something is wrong, and I don't want it driving for me.
Do any of you have experience with this tech in current Ford vehicles? If so, can you disable it?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. On my F150 I can turn it off or set the sensitivity to low, med, or high. I turn the lane assist off but keep the crash warning on low. However, I swear if the crash warning activates that it defaults back to the high sensitivity and I have to go back in and set it to low again.

OP
OP
Skagzoola

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. On my F150 I can turn it off or set the sensitivity to low, med, or high. I turn the lane assist off but keep the crash warning on low. However, I swear if the crash warning activates that it defaults back to the high sensitivity and I have to go back in and set it to low again.
So do you have to adjust it everytime you turn the vehicle on? Or will it save you previous settings?
It's a plus that you can turn it off, but if I have to do it everytime I start the vehicle up, then I'm not too fond of that idear.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It saves previous settings. You can also adjust on the fly and don't have to be stopped or in park.

@Weedwaka I disagree. The crash alert is nice and has saved me at least once when I looked down at the radio and the guy in front of me hit the brakes. It beeped, flashed and primed my brakes. But if you don't keep it on the low setting it can get annoying and be like the little boy that cried wolf.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I convert my early res, I’m skipping all that sensor crud. No mid package or higher shall be permitted.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you seen how people drive now? We need all the help we can get. It's a scary world out there.

OP
OP
Skagzoola

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It saves previous settings. You can also adjust on the fly and don't have to be stopped or in park.

@Weedwaka I disagree. The crash alert is nice and has saved me at least once when I looked down at the radio and the guy in front of me hit the brakes. It beeped, flashed and primed my brakes. But if you don't keep it on the low setting it can get annoying and be like the little boy that cried wolf.
Thank you very much. This is good news.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2017 Fusion and can turn off assists. I plan on turning off lane departure/assist

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never had a crash warning go off when I was actually close to crashing. It typically just scares the crap out of me at random moments when someone cuts me off or something. Chances are I was paying attention and the warning wasn't necessary, but I understand why some people want those things, especially if they have kids who might be driving the Bronco at some point.

I think you are able to turn off everything. I turn off the lane assist because I had it malfunction on an early version that constantly tried to pull me into oncoming traffic during a snow storm, but nothing else really bothers me enough to try and turn off. You might be able to turn off some of the backup alarms too, but again, they don't bother me much so I haven't tried.

I know you can turn off parking sensors on other cars so it wouldn't surprise me if you can on the Bronco as as well. I would hate for them to constantly ping at low speeds while off road.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you were following a bit to close, I learned long ago not to focuse on the car in front of me but to pay attention two or three cars ahead, they will telegraph any sudden moves in plenty of time to react. They don't teach driving skills any longer, hence the slaughter on the roads.

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please -- for the love of God -- if you live in Atlanta purchase all of the electronic nannies you can afford. Driving here is a cross between racing at Bristol and a demolition derby.
Sponsored