Sponsored

Can you get front seats without the molle straps?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do, I have a whole stack of them for each state that were printed about 15 years ago but maps don't expire right????
As long as the roads don't change, paper maps work until they wear out. One thing I never liked about paper maps was you never really had an idea just how crappy that road was until you got there, but the good thing is the Bronco won't care. :)
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do, I have a whole stack of them for each state that were printed about 15 years ago but maps don't expire right????
If you stop paying the fee they will disappeared. Still watching mine for when it happens. I read that on the internet
I think he was making a point about paper maps, but as far as the nav system goes, if you get the built-in nav (upgraded), the maps stay. The connected nav provides navigation and real-time updates as long as the subscription is maintained. The connected features are either 90 days or 3 years depending on trim/upgrades purchased.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think he was making a point about paper maps, but as far as the nav system goes, if you get the built-in nav (upgraded), the maps stay. The connected nav provides navigation and real-time updates as long as the subscription is maintained. The connected features are either 90 days or 3 years depending on trim/upgrades purchased.
Yes, I fully understood that.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pockets would be MUCH MORE useful for me. I have two young daughters and this space is neded for Ipads, notebooks, cookies, toys and sticky candy. I have zero use for Molle panels.
That sticky candy and cookie would do much better in a bag\pocket attached to the molle that could then be taken out and cleaned or replaced versus utilizing a built in pocket.

You are a perfect candidate for utilizing the molle on the back of the front seats.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was being goofy about paper maps

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sticky candy and cookie would do much better in a bag\pocket attached to the molle that could then be taken out and cleaned or replaced versus utilizing a built in pocket.

You are a perfect candidate for utilizing the molle on the back of the front seats.
No way! Not me! Things hanging off the panel would get in the way of rear passenger's leg room and be a pain for getting people in and out of the back. The panel is something that won't be used by most people. If it was so awesome, why isn't Ford putting into the other, more on-road focused models like BB, OBX? Because folks who intend to have rear seat passengers wouldn't want/need it.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No way! Not me! Things hanging off the panel would get in the way of rear passenger's leg room and be a pain for getting people in and out of the back. The panel is something that won't be used by most people. If it was so awesome, why isn't Ford putting into the other, more on-road focused models like BB, OBX? Because folks who intend to have rear seat passengers wouldn't want/need it.
I actually had seat covers on my JK that had MOLLE straps on the back of the front seats and the rear seats and they were perfect. Especially if you have kids. I had a cell phone pocket and water bottle holder on each seat, a trash bag on one seat and a baby wipe holder on the other. Had them arranged to make it easy for both of my kids to reach whatever they wanted. I also drove around with 6’ adults in the back with no problem. And I had bags for tow strap, medics first aid kit, bungee cords and other stuff on the rear of the back seat and did not loose and storage space there. Give it a try and I bet you’d really like the options it offers over a standard pocket. That MOLLE panel is why I want the BD or BL. I wish they’d offer it in other trims.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just because it is called a map pocket doesn't mean that's all that you can put in there. I like someone else's suggestion that they be in the cargo are but to me it makes no sense to have them on the back of the front seats.
Ditto for glove compartment. The back of the passenger seat is a great place to have things within reach for the driver, within reason, and not necessarily while driving.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually had seat covers on my JK that had MOLLE straps on the back of the front seats and the rear seats and they were perfect. Especially if you have kids. I had a cell phone pocket and water bottle holder on each seat, a trash bag on one seat and a baby wipe holder on the other. Had them arranged to make it easy for both of my kids to reach whatever they wanted. I also drove around with 6’ adults in the back with no problem. And I had bags for tow strap, medics first aid kit, bungee cords and other stuff on the rear of the back seat and did not loose and storage space there. Give it a try and I bet you’d really like the options it offers over a standard pocket. That MOLLE panel is why I want the BD or BL. I wish they’d offer it in other trims.
I can picture you hiking ?
just playin!
Ford Bronco Can you get front seats without the molle straps? 1607509209616

Last edited:

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that may be whole idea of the different trim levels, maybe.

BD BL & WT are purpose built and marketed to folks that are going to take them off road and MOLLE keeps all their stuff from getting thrown around, while keeping it secure and readily accessible.

BB & OBX is marketed to the folks that want a Bronco, but intend on using it more as a everyday vehicle (dropping the kids off wherever, grocery runs, hop the occasional curb and park in the grass at Timmy's soccer game, drive it on the beach if you're in Daytona).

Anyone that doesn't see the usefulness of MOLLE but is planning on a BD BL or WT regardless, is getting WAY more capability than they will ever need, and should probably consider one of the other trims instead.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BD BL & WT are purpose built and marketed to folks that are going to take them off road and MOLLE keeps all their stuff from getting thrown around, while keeping it secure and readily accessible.

BB & OBX is marketed to the folks that want a Bronco, but intend on using it more as a everyday vehicle (dropping the kids off wherever, grocery runs, hop the occasional curb and park in the grass at Timmy's soccer game, drive it on the beach if you're in Daytona).

Anyone that doesn't see the usefulness of MOLLE but is planning on a BD BL or WT regardless, is getting WAY more capability than they will ever need, and should probably consider one of the other trims instead.
Well, it seems like everyone except the OP and one other dude that chimed in wants and likes them anyway...hard to get more universal support for something than that.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I've been wondering. Is it confirmed WT gets molle too?
How about FE?

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wondering. Is it confirmed WT gets molle too?
How about FE?
I added in the WT, thinking it probably would have them, but I didn't want to leave it out of the "capable" segment of Bronco.
Not sure on the FE; I think it is supposed to have the interior scheme of the WT?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I added in the WT, thinking it probably would have them, but I didn't want to leave it out of the "capable" segment of Bronco.
Not sure on the FE; I think it is supposed to have the interior scheme of the WT?
Gotcha. Yea I feel like I read somewhere WT doesn't have it

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

I've bought 2 LR Defender 90s, 4 Wranglers and a 4 Runner all new from the dealer. Never felt the need to caribeaner stuff inside my vehicles. Call me crazy! I guess you're right though, since I won't be strapping a first aid kit to my molle panel, I should cancel my Badlands and get a Big Bend. Great logic! Thanks for your help!
Sponsored