Sponsored

Can you only get an aligment at a dealership?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch eruption green
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed RoughCountry tie rod sleeves, followed multiple videos and measured turns and the positions with a tape measure, it drives strait but the aligment is a tad off after a free check.

Took to firestone for a lifetime alignment special and they could not do it on my 2023 Bronco because the collision avoidance sensors. Ford wants $120 and needs the Bronco for a full day to do the aligment.

Has anyone had success getting an aligment cheaper somewhere else?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any place with an alignment machine can do it if theyā€™re competent. You donā€™t need anything special.

Tbrownski

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to call around a few places because the bronco isnā€™t in some of their system but got a local place to do it in about 30 minutes after I put on control arms and shocks

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed RoughCountry tie rod sleeves, followed multiple videos and measured turns and the positions with a tape measure, it drives strait but the aligment is a tad off after a free check.

Took to firestone for a lifetime alignment special and they could not do it on my 2023 Bronco because the collision avoidance sensors. Ford wants $120 and needs the Bronco for a full day to do the aligment.

Thanks,
I see in your signature you have a base Bronco? Didn't realize the base has collision sensors, was hoping all that jazz was for the higher end versions?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks,
My local Firestone did mine and I too got the lifetime alignments. Done like 5 so far, they probably hate me... šŸ˜†

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eruptioncamper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any place with an alignment machine can do it if theyā€™re competent. You donā€™t need anything special.
I see in your signature you have a base Bronco? Didn't realize the base has collision sensors, was hoping all that jazz was for the higher end versions?
I guess all models have it 2023

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own a small independent shop. We do alignments, and I have aligned my Bronco several times (lifts, rack swaps, various mods). My machine is not up to date, but I take the specs off Alldata and enter them in the machine manually (or at this point just have them memorized). No problems w/pre-collision system etc. Worst part is the tire size...37s are the largest my old machine can handle...and the sensor still gets blocked sometimes. Newer systems don't have this limitation

20230511_163145.jpg

ted.doggett

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried NTB, Firestone, express tire and oil, and several others in North Alabama. None of them could do it. Had to take it to Ford dealership. They did it in less than an hour.

OP
OP
Eruptioncamper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tried NTB, Firestone, express tire and oil, and several others in North Alabama. None of them could do it. Had to take it to Ford dealership. They did it in less than an hour.
My dealership wants me to drop it off night before and thinks it will take the day lol, getting tired of dealerships.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My local Firestone did mine and I too got the lifetime alignments. Done like 5 so far, they probably hate me... šŸ˜†
Most places that do lifetime alignments are just doing a toe and go. It's a very basic alignment that doesn't really dial in the numbers properly. This is less important on a vehicle like a Bronco, but I don't trust a place like that to handle a good alignment on my Mustang.

JR

OP
OP
Eruptioncamper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most places that do lifetime alignments are just doing a toe and go. It's a very basic alignment that doesn't really dial in the numbers properly. This is less important on a vehicle like a Bronco, but I don't trust a place like that to handle a good alignment on my Mustang.

JR
yup makes sense, I just thought for a off road vehicle Iā€™d do lifetime, on my mustang regret selling I actually only went to dealer for everything (mostly Because warranty).

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

JR
I don't think my Firestone is like this. They give a print out of before and after. Most of my stuff gets changed; castor, camber, toe, steering wheel straight ahead so...

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a 2.5" lift on coilovers and slapped on 35" tires. My dealership was able to do the alignment for me no issue. I even paid with my fordpass points. I took them 2 hours to do.