Sponsored

Can you order lower gears from the factory?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe. But how many people are going ro buy the Black diamond and stick with the 32" tires? Looks like if you want the 35s you'll have to upgrade with the "High Clearance Suspension " probably till its all said and done you'll be close to $40k.

I was really hoping to get the Base and take the cheaper route. But im starting to think that wont be cheap either with all the upgrades and packages ill need to have 35s.

Mabe its just best to get lower gears and throw 33s on and call it a day. Wity the Base or Big Bend? I dont know. I guess we'll know more in August when the pricing comes out.

Many are going to ditch those tires. Factory specs are 31.6 inches.
I hope a true 33in tire is going to fit without doing anything else. I'm planning for either 295/70/17s or 285/75/17s, which is why I'd love to get the 4.70 gears.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37's on the other hand, might be a bit obscene.
"Obscenity is a function of culture - a function in the mathematical sense, I mean, its value changing with that of the variables on which it depends."
- A. P.

Also, can we upgrade to the M210 front axle? Who knows.
If you can do that, get a manual with the 2.7L while you're at it.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many are going to ditch those tires. Factory specs are 31.6 inches.
I hope a true 33in tire is going to fit without doing anything else. I'm planning for either 295/70/17s or 285/75/17s, which is why I'd love to get the 4.70 gears.
Not going to lie the Factory 30s and 31.6 tires with an 8.4 ground clearance turns me off. Its almost like you have to get the Sasquatch package. Hopefully we'll know more and what we can and can't do in August.

I have a feeling the Bronco is not going to be the bargan everyone thinks it is. Well see.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not going to lie the Factory 30s and 31.6 tires with an 8.4 ground clearance turns me off. Its almost like you have to get the Sasquatch package. Hopefully we'll know more and what we can and can't do in August.

I have a feeling the Bronco is not going to be the bargan everyone thinks it is. Well see.
It could be a bargain. Probably won't. Usually a choice in gears is a no cost option, although sometimes tied to certain packages.
The upgrade to the M210 could be tied to 4.70 gears, just to limit choices, but it still shouldn't be that much more to upgrade. They will already have the M220 set up in all gear choices, so it should be fairly easy.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It could be a bargain. Probably won't. Usually a choice in gears is a no cost option, although sometimes tied to certain packages.
The upgrade to the M210 could be tied to 4.70 gears, just to limit choices, but it still shouldn't be that much more to upgrade. They will already have the M220 set up in all gear choices, so it should be fairly easy.
I'm thinking the cheapest route will be Base model + adding lower gears and throwing on 33s. But hopefully the Sasquatch is affordable. I really want the 35s.

And then there's the high lift package supposedly. That would work as well to get 35s i would think. But im sure there's a catch.
Sponsored