Sponsored

Can you order lower gears from the factory?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Assuming I won't be able to afford the Sasquatch package because they won't make it available for the Manual and force you to also purchase the Automatic transmission.

Can you order lower gears from the factory for the Manual so you can just put a better suspension and bigger tires on your own?
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can do it on the F-150 and Mustang so I assume you could for the Bronco.
I hope so. I would think if that's the case us guys that want the Manual won't have to upgrade to the Sasquatch package to get bigger tires then?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Assuming I won't be able to afford the Sasquatch package because they won't make it available for the Manual and force you to also purchase the Automatic transmission.

Can you order lower gears from the factory for the Manual so you can just put a better suspension and bigger tires on your own?
Also different models come with different gear ratios. The black diamond i believe Comes with 4.46 in both manual and auto

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I seen where the Outer Banks had 3.73 and 4.27. I'm not sure what unlocks the 4.27, it's either 2.3 L engine or lockers. I hope it's the lockers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also different models come with different gear ratios. The black diamond i believe Comes with 4.46 in both manual and auto
Maybe. But how many people are going ro buy the Black diamond and stick with the 32" tires? Looks like if you want the 35s you'll have to upgrade with the "High Clearance Suspension " probably till its all said and done you'll be close to $40k.

I was really hoping to get the Base and take the cheaper route. But im starting to think that wont be cheap either with all the upgrades and packages ill need to have 35s.

Mabe its just best to get lower gears and throw 33s on and call it a day. Wity the Base or Big Bend? I dont know. I guess we'll know more in August when the pricing comes out.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe. But how many people are going ro buy the Black diamond and stick with the 32" tires? Looks like if you want the 35s you'll have to upgrade with the "High Clearance Suspension " probably till its all said and done you'll be close to $40k.

I was really hoping to get the Base and take the cheaper route. But im starting to think that wont be cheap either with all the upgrades and packages ill need to have 35s.

Mabe its just best to get lower gears and throw 33s on and call it a day. Wity the Base or Big Bend? I dont know. I guess we'll know more in August when the pricing comes out.
I was thinking if I do BD I would get auto, hardtop, then 33s... but have the option to lift and add 35s down the road if I wanted. A little worried sasquash might be impractical for mostly street driving. Can’t wait to see a few in person to help make these decisions.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking if I do BD I would get auto, hardtop, then 33s... but have the option to lift and add 35s down the road if I wanted. A little worried sasquash might be impractical for mostly street driving. Can’t wait to see a few in person to help make these decisions.
Are you not pre ordering a Bronco? You waiting till they come out?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you not pre ordering a Bronco? You waiting till they come out?
I think he may be referring to the fact that dealers will get a few "show and tell" Broncos for the public to see and maybe drive, but they will not be saleable.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little worried sasquash might be impractical for mostly street driving
Had same concerns, however:
There was a Wrangler in the parking lot at work last night, 315/70-17 , my initial thought was 'Those are some BIG tires". It looked cool as hell, but size-wise overall, it wasn't extreme. So considering the Jeep and Bronco are of similar size .... it should work just fine, especially with 4.7's.
37's on the other hand, might be a bit obscene.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe. But how many people are going to buy the Black diamond and stick with the 32" tires?
Yeah, I think I'd prefer at least 33's also and have wondered if they would be optional. Seems like a good size for the 4.46 also.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I think I'd prefer at least 33's also and have wondered if they would be optional. Seems like a good size for the 4.46 also.
Yeah. If the Sasquatch package is too expensive thats the route I'll go 33s. I would imagine they would fit on the base as well. Im either getting the base or Big Bend depending on how much add on and packages are.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking at Badlands and Black Diamond, but will probably see how much stuff I can put on a base before I decide.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of questions and that's definitely one of them

Many of us want the ability to get the 4.70 gears in whatever trim we get. Will we get to? Who knows.

Also, can we upgrade to the M210 front axle? Who knows.
Sponsored