First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a small lift and don’t want any squat when towing, has anyone put or can one put, any of the 1” levels on the back?
bronco buster makes a 1.5” for all corners and they all look exactly the same, so I wondered why you couldn’t put a 1” back there If it’s no different than the front.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't use the bottom plate of the 1" level cause the coilover doesn't mount that way. The top shims you can though, and I did. Only lifts .5-.75" though. After that 1.5" is the next step, unless you wana drill your axle tube mounts for the "high clearance" mod...but I think he said he got 1.5-2" out of that mod

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running a top hat spacer in the rear. Just get a quality set, I ripped apart my first ones with poor quality welds. Get some that are solid blocks, like RTR if that's your tax bracket.

BroncoSpacerLiftKit_5000x.jpg

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the front you will gain about 1.5 times the thickness of a spacer ie 1" thick spacer gets you about 1.5 " lift. On the rear you'll get about the thickness of the spacer 1" will gain you about 1".

I was going to use a Moto Fab 1" up front and a Fab Tech 1.5" (which is just under 1" thick in the rear to get a level lift, but I went a different way.

I got Bilstein 5100s set at 1.5 (second ring) up front and 1.75 (3rd ring) in the rear, very happy.

OP
OP
Bronco56

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you everyone

I am getting a badlands so I figured why not use the bilsteins it comes with and just the top hat

OP
OP
Bronco56

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm running a top hat spacer in the rear. Just get a quality set, I ripped apart my first ones with poor quality welds. Get some that are solid blocks, like RTR if that's your tax bracket.

Ford Bronco Can you put any 1” levels on the back to keep rake BroncoSpacerLiftKit_5000x
these say non-Sasquatch suspension. Will that work with a badlands?

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the front you will gain about 1.5 times the thickness of a spacer ie 1" thick spacer gets you about 1.5 " lift. On the rear you'll get about the thickness of the spacer 1" will gain you about 1".
curious how you measured the lift amplification factor in the front (1.5)?

I estimated it as about 1.5. the ratio of radial length of the LCA at the knuckle where it meets the wheel to the lower shock mount, both with respect to pivot point, should provide amplification at wheel. Rough numbers seem to be 15”/10” or 1.5. Was wondering how accurate this is. I don’t have a spacer lift to measure and can’t find the spacer thicknesses for a 1” level kit anywhere.

clearly in the back the relationships are pretty linear, no pivot point to rotate about.

10AC5731-1A69-48C2-898B-A0768278607C.jpeg

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone on the forum said it was 1.46 or something, and the rear is not straight line either because the coilover angles a bit. The lift you get will vary vehicle to vehicle anyway.
Sponsored