Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With setting #2 front and rear does it still maintain some factory rake? I'm planning on going this route for a lift and suspension upgrade and can't decide between #1 and #2 position. I load up with mountain bikes and camping gear often and don't want the rear end to squat when loaded up, plus I'm only going up to 33" tires when I run through the Grabbers.
Yes, still has the factory rake. I doubt the mountain bikes will make the rear sag too much. I put over 100 pounds of gear in the rear when I offroad camp and don't notice a drop. You may find the wheel well gap a bit much for 33's.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tucktato

tucktato

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great. I've had the 285s for a few weeks now and the 5100s are in the back of the Bronco ready to go on. I didn't feel like tackling it myself and have an appointment next week. It is nice to see pictures so you know what it will look like ahead of time. That 1.5 setting turned out great.
Thanks. Still loving it. Just got back from Moab and it ran level 5/6 trails like a champ. Very happy I went with 1.5" of lift and the 5100s. Flexed it rather aggressively, up and down notable ledges, and ran mile long dirt sections at a good speed - no issues at all to report.

6100's sound great and all. But given they will not fit the non-SAS springs, the 5100's on circlip 2 or higher should be plenty to run most offroad trails and desert running up to 30-35 mph without it jarring you too much. It wont be a smooth ride like Fox shocks and a little rougher than the SAS Bilsteins. But it's nowhere near as bad as an old Defender either.

Hope this helps.

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With setting #2 front and rear does it still maintain some factory rake? I'm planning on going this route for a lift and suspension upgrade and can't decide between #1 and #2 position. I load up with mountain bikes and camping gear often and don't want the rear end to squat when loaded up, plus I'm only going up to 33" tires when I run through the Grabbers.
Let me know when if you get them installed, I have the 5100s & 33" Grabbers waiting, just waiting for delivery of the Bronco. I plan on use setting #2 for both front & rear, as I want to put a winch on the front & the the rear will always have at least 100 lbs in the back. Thanks,

juniorobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bilstein 5100's installed and I love the setup. Highly recommend as a low cost lift alternative. I had them set to 1.5" Front/1.4" Rear (Circlip #2). Still easy to get into without step bars (I'm 6"). RTR wheels are +30 offset and the BFG KO2s are 315/70R17. Everything looks great, a touch of poke. No rub (4WP big tire crash bars installed), and drives great. No more brake dive like the Hitachi's had. Holds turns better. I haven't been offroad with them yet. But they drive with the same dense feel (I wouldn't say stiff) that I've had with all my previous Bilsteins on Jeeps. Heading to Moab to work them next weekend. So I'll find out the offroad performance then. Hope it helps.

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

looks unreal. what was your all in cost , parts and labor ?

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know this thread has been quiet, thanks to the OP for starting this. My '23 OBX Lux 2 door non sas is going in tomorrow for 5100's and I am sold on position 3. @tucktato , still happy 6 months later?

Sponsored
OP
OP
tucktato

tucktato

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this thread has been quiet, thanks to the OP for starting this. My '23 OBX Lux 2 door non sas is going in tomorrow for 5100's and I am sold on position 3. @tucktato , still happy 6 months later?
Yes very much so. I wouldn’t change a thing. I wheel it pretty hard in the desert. So I may have gone with the Ford performance kit for high speed off-roading. But if you are just crawling or sticking to roads these can handle anything you hit while keeping your overall vehicle low enough to fit most garages.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Circlip #3 front and back, highly improved stability and ride quality.

IMG_7809.jpeg

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, I think you’re right that 6100s will not work with base suspension unless you also buy new coils. At that point there are other better options for the money.

I’m not sure why people are sleeping on the relatively inexpensive 5100 lift, but I have a couple hunches.

1. People who only want 1-2 inches of lift also want a level and they don’t actually off-road. It’s purely cosmetic. They don’t know or don’t care that there is a better performance option out there for only a few hundred bucks more.

2. People that are actually into wheeling want to go huge. It’s the “go big or go home” mentality. So those people jump straight to Fox or Icon with all new everything.

3. There’s a sense that because Sasquatch comes with Bilstein, people “upgrading” will want the next step up. The shop I went to explained to me they’re usually taking the stock Bilsteins off for something more extreme, so initially the conversation didn’t go to the 5100 option when he was advising me.

The facts for me are that I will likely never go bigger than 33” tires and I’m not into hard core crawling… but I do go mild off-roading. I can get 1.5 inches of lift (enough to clear 35s) for a third of the cost of the fancy stuff.

At first I was looking for Sasquatch take off parts then realized brand new 5100s are less expensive and more adjustable. Sasquatch is 1.1 inches taller than standard, and has a bump stop to limit travel so the 35” wheels don’t rub. 5100s at perch #2 are lifted 1.5 inches front and back, maintain factory rake, should fully clear 35s if I decide to go there, and are the closest equivalent to sas setup without going sas.
Well can’t you technically level out the vehicle with the Bilstein 5100s due to them being ride height adjustable?

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bilstein 5100's installed and I love the setup. Highly recommend as a low cost lift alternative. I had them set to 1.5" Front/1.4" Rear (Circlip #2). Still easy to get into without step bars (I'm 6"). RTR wheels are +30 offset and the BFG KO2s are 315/70R17. Everything looks great, a touch of poke. No rub (4WP big tire crash bars installed), and drives great. No more brake dive like the Hitachi's had. Holds turns better. I haven't been offroad with them yet. But they drive with the same dense feel (I wouldn't say stiff) that I've had with all my previous Bilsteins on Jeeps. Heading to Moab to work them next weekend. So I'll find out the offroad performance then. Hope it helps.

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg
Looks great, but also curious how you almost did even lift on both side and it looks like the factory rake is gone in this pic
Sponsored