Sponsored

Can you switch 2H / 4H while driving with 4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi,

I was gonna go for the Big Bend but it won't allow me to select Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand without Sasquatch.
I live in a snowy place and the 4A is nice for days when part of your commute is snowy and the highway is dry.

On a jeep, if you don't have the 4A option, you have to stop the car, press the brake and then you can change between 2H and 4H. Is it the same on the Bronco or can you actually use the knob while driving and switch on the fly between 2H and 4H? I do not mind having to do it manually I just don't want to stop (can't do that on a highway).
Setting it up before my commute does not work either because I am always in a situation with snow at the beginning then dry on the highway, and driving with 4H on dry pavement is bad for the vehicle.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can go between 2 high and 4 high with the pull of a level on my Jeep Ribicon JL. I think I can do that up to 45mph or so. You just have to let off the gas a bit. If I want to go into 4 low then I do have to stop the jeep.

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi,

I was gonna go for the Big Bend but it won't allow me to select Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand without Sasquatch.
I live in a snowy place and the 4A is nice for days when part of your commute is snowy and the highway is dry.

On a jeep, if you don't have the 4A option, you have to stop the car, press the brake and then you can change between 2H and 4H. Is it the same on the Bronco or can you actually use the knob while driving and switch on the fly between 2H and 4H? I do not mind having to do it manually I just don't want to stop (can't do that on a highway).
Setting it up before my commute does not work either because I am always in a situation with snow at the beginning then dry on the highway, and driving with 4H on dry pavement is bad for the vehicle.
Based on other Ford selectable 4x4 vehicles, id say its likely no problem moving from 2H to 4H. But not into 4L obviously.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can go between 2 high and 4 high with the pull of a level on my Jeep JL. I think I can do that up to 45mph or so. You just have to let off the gas a bit. If I want to go into 4 low then I do have to stop the jeep.
Same thing on the JK.

Sponsored

TNFlyrodder

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my dumb question for today: When the Bronco is in 2-wheel drive, is it front wheel drive or rear wheel drive?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's my dumb question for today: When the Bronco is in 2-wheel drive, is it front wheel drive or rear wheel drive?
No question is dumb... it’s rear wheel

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like others have said you can shift from 2H to 4H while driving under a certain speed. Just make sure it’s slick conditions so you won’t bind the gears. Usually in my truck I will only shift to 4H when going 40MPH or less. Lift off the gas, switch to 4H, wait for it to engage and then drive.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Off-topic but I need to comment....that's my favourite avatar :ROFLMAO:
Haha thanks. Figured I will keep this avatar up for years to come in remembrance of the days we had to wait? Never forget the great Bronco shenanigans of 2020