Sponsored

Can you walk away from your order next spring if not satisfied?

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't like you place the order, then track the production, and get the vehicle in a few months.
I get there are unknowns. But can you provide a bit more of an idea of what YOU foresee happening? Because what you say here in your quote seems like it shouldn’t be too far off...
Sponsored

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has said deliveries of these first orders may not be complete until 2022. That's a long time from order til delivery.

Even under the best of circumstances, you order in Dec, and get delivered in June.

Maybe you break your leg, or get COVID, or there's a strike at the plant, or any number of a billion other things that happens, and your 1500 is Gone WIth The Wind.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has said deliveries of these first orders may not be complete until 2022. That's a long time from order til delivery.

Even under the best of circumstances, you order in Dec, and get delivered in June.

Maybe you break your leg, or get COVID, or there's a strike at the plant, or any number of a billion other things that happens, and your 1500 is Gone WIth The Wind.
Ok I guess I have expected all these things as normal. So no news to me... as others have said, if you get in writing that your deposit is refundable, no big deal IMO.

I was a relatively early reservation so if I receive during summer, all is normal in my book.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer / salesperson has said when we put the order in they are looking for a $1400 deposit.

I'm fine with it - since we will have finalized the price. If its just a "C'mon - help a brother out" kinda thing, I'll politely decline until we confirm the final price.
If you won't miss the $1400 if something happens, that's fine. I wouldn't do it even I knew my Bronco would be here in the usual 6-7 weeks a custom order takes from Ford. In the length of time it's going to take, any number of bad things could happen that you'd want that $1400 in your pocket.