Sponsored

Can you walk away from your order next spring if not satisfied?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple question. For people who bought cars with Ford with a custom factory order. Can you walk away until the day you receive the car and get your deposit back? I am talking about the multi thousand deposit we will make at order in December, not the 100$ refundable reservation deposit.

Main reason I am asking is because I am very tall, and half of the SUVs on the market I won't fit in the driver seat (leg length wise). That's the case with the Wrangler, too short for my legs. But sometimes a small sedan will offer me good enough leg room. It's a gamble. And the specs the manufacturers give means nothing, they all measure differently. I have tried many cars (including large 7 seaters Volvo XC90, Land Rover new Defender, Discovery and even the largest Range Rover) and my experience is nowhere near close to what the front legroom spec given by the manufacturers say. I have been comfortable in vehicles with a supposed 40in legroom, and not fit in vehicles with advertised 42in legroom. Vehicle size does not matter as well. For exemple the smaller Range Rover Velar I have plenty of room, but the huge Range Rover I do not.

My point is I cannot predict if I will fit in the Bronco or not based on the specs they gave us (even though thankfully the spec is better than in the Wrangler so it's a good start), and if I find out I can't drive comfortably when test driving is available I want to know I can cancel (that would be a huge bummer).

With Land Rover, when I wanted the Defender one dealer told me I would get the deposit back even if I walk away on the day I get it because they are sure to sell it immediately. But the next day another Land Rover dealer told me they wouldn't refund me my $3500 once my vehicle enters production.
So I am asking people who have experience with Ford.

Thanks.
Sponsored

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
From my understanding once the order is placed the refundable deposit is no longer refundable

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My understanding is that you should not be making an additional deposits until you actually close on the vehicle. And, you can walk away at any time.

I am not clear on what becomes of your $100 if you complete the order, but don't close the sale.

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple question. For people who bought cars with Ford with a custom factory order. Can you walk away until the day you receive the car and get your deposit back? I am talking about the multi thousand deposit we will make at order in December, not the 100$ refundable reservation deposit.

Main reason I am asking is because I am very tall, and half of the SUVs on the market I won't fit in the driver seat (leg length wise). That's the case with the Wrangler, too short for my legs. But sometimes a small sedan will offer me good enough leg room. It's a gamble. And the specs the manufacturers give means nothing, they all measure differently. I have tried many cars (including large 7 seaters Volvo XC90, Land Rover new Defender, Discovery and even the largest Range Rover) and my experience is nowhere near close to what the front legroom spec given by the manufacturers say. I have been comfortable in vehicles with a supposed 40in legroom, and not fit in vehicles with advertised 42in legroom. Vehicle size does not matter as well. For exemple the smaller Range Rover Velar I have plenty of room, but the huge Range Rover I do not.

My point is I cannot predict if I will fit in the Bronco or not based on the specs they gave us (even though thankfully the spec is better than in the Wrangler so it's a good start), and if I find out I can't drive comfortably when test driving is available I want to know I can cancel (that would be a huge bummer).

With Land Rover, when I wanted the Defender one dealer told me I would get the deposit back even if I walk away on the day I get it because they are sure to sell it immediately. But the next day another Land Rover dealer told me they wouldn't refund me my $3500 once my vehicle enters production.
So I am asking people who have experience with Ford.

Thanks.
I was told the $100 deposit takes you all the way through the process.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My understanding is that you should not be making an additional deposits until you actually close on the vehicle. And, you can walk away at any time.

I am not clear on what becomes of your $100 if you complete the order, but don't close the sale.
This is my understanding too, "no additional deposits or money down until closing time". Someone please verify?

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would reach out to granger ford. But my dealership told me only the $100 was required and refundable all the way up until delivery but I don’t know if that’s because I work there or not

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if you guys are right and the deposit for the December order is gonna be the $100 we already put down, I don't care if it is not refundable after that. I'll gladly take the risk.
Now I was expecting that in December we are being asked to put a lot more money on the table, but again if it's not the case then I am all good.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just looking at one of the Granger pricing threads, and they say no more money until delivery.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see my dealer 'accidentally' selling my order for an upcharge when it comes in and trying to sell me hard on a Fusion

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This varies by state, but for many the deposit is refundable until you sign the final paperwork.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Deposit is a dealer by dealer thing...

Ask and get it in writing before you leave any more money if they say it is refundable...

We are not requiring additional money down on the order..

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are not sure if you will fit in the SUV?
The information on leg, hip and shoulder room is all available for the 2 and 4 Dr.
Make sure you fit before placing the order?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Can you walk away until the day you receive the car

2. and get your deposit back?
2 questions in one so I split them apart

1. Yes you are only obligated after you sign the final paperwork...
There may be pressure put on (doubt it with the Bronco) to deliver but cannot be forced.​
2. you need it in writing to assure yourself that it is refundable if delivery is not taken.
If the dealership is the type that applies pressure as above then probably not refundable..​
Each Dealership handles things their way I am just giving advice as to what I would do in that situation..

Last edited:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Deposit is a dealer by dealer thing...

Ask and get it in writing before you leave any more money if they say it is refundable...

We are not requiring additional money down on the order..
Curious Albert...has Granger projected\estimated the % of orders that they believe people would walk away from AFTER a December order and BEFORE accepting delivery? I assume you would have given this some thought as the ordered Broncos will be showing up on your doorstep with or without a person accepting that order. Although you shouldn't have any issue unloading any Broncos.

I just don't think $100 is a huge barrier to ordering and letting the $100 ride all the way until delivery (even if the $100 was non refundable after Dec).

I could see the reservation to order conversion rate being fairly high...and then the order to acceptance rate being much, much lower. It is going to hurt seeing those Broncos at dealerships as I wait for my order fulfillment.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious Albert...has Granger projected\estimated the % of orders that they believe people would walk away from AFTER a December order and BEFORE accepting delivery? I assume you would have given this some thought as the ordered Broncos will be showing up on your doorstep with or without a person accepting that order. Although you shouldn't have any issue unloading any Broncos.

I just don't think $100 is a huge barrier to ordering and letting the $100 ride all the way until delivery (even if the $100 was non refundable after Dec).

I could see the reservation to order conversion rate being fairly high...and then the order to acceptance rate being much, much lower. It is going to hurt seeing those Broncos at dealerships as I wait for my order fulfillment.

Mach E was in the 50% but not this level of enthusiasm so hard to gauge as of yet...
Sponsored