Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Saw this gem at Mike Knapp Ford in Welland Ontario. This was just getting picked up by the lucky owner as I stopped thru. They also have a cyber orange Badlands as a demo for the next month!
20210629_182127.jpg
20210629_181806.jpg
God that front plate bracket looks like junk! I'm for sure not mounting mine there!

Love Velocity Blue!! What a beauty colour
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you find this helpful information in BC please? Thanks in advance lol.
They are shipping them by rail to a port on the Atlantic and sending them via container ship to Vancouver! That Strait Of Hormuz is a real b!tch!

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 Supercrew LB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are shipping them by rail to a port on the Atlantic and sending them via container ship to Vancouver! That Strait Of Hormuz is a real b!tch!
My BC dealer tells me shipping by rail to the Port Coquitlam rail yard and them by truck to BC dealers. No longer using the Auburn Washington rail yard. My Superduty sat in that rail yard for over a month before truck transported across the border. Be sure your dealer does the pre-delivery wash as your Bronco will have rail dust on it when it arrives, it's nasty stuff.

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My BC dealer tells me shipping by rail to the Port Coquitlam rail yard and them by truck to BC dealers. No longer using the Auburn Washington rail yard. My Superduty sat in that rail yard for over a month before truck transported across the border. Be sure your dealer does the pre-delivery wash as your Bronco will have rail dust on it when it arrives, it's nasty stuff.
That kind of sucks that they rail them just for the fact they could waste time sitting in a holding yard!

As for PDI; I wouldn't let the dealership "detailers" near my brand new truck with a 10' pole!

Or more accurately a 3' pole with a dirty a$$ brush full of dirt and sand from the 20 other cars they washed that day!

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 Supercrew LB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That kind of sucks that they rail them just for the fact they could waste time sitting in a holding yard!

As for PDI; I wouldn't let the dealership "detailers" near my brand new truck with a 10' pole!

Or more accurately a 3' pole with a dirty a$$ brush full of dirt and sand from the 20 other cars they washed that day!
2 New Superduties, Tuxedo Black and then Shadow Black both flawless after dealer prep. Dealer told me without "proper wash" for rail dust will not be completely removed. And if they do it, it's on them if there's an issue. I wouldn't drive off the lot with a new vehicle without an extremely close examination of the paint (and everything else), and you can't do that if you want to take delivery with rail dust all over it. Huge gamble if you do. You find a flaw after you wash, good luck with that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 New Superduties, Tuxedo Black and then Shadow Black both flawless after dealer prep. Dealer told me without "proper wash" for rail dust will not be completely removed. And if they do it, it's on them if there's an issue. I wouldn't drive off the lot with a new vehicle without an extremely close examination of the paint (and everything else), and you can't do that if you want to take delivery with rail dust all over it. Huge gamble if you do. You find a flaw after you wash, good luck with that.
Sorry in advance, this got a bit long!

I paint planes for a living and do paint correction & ceramic coating on the side for what it’s worth (and for context). It in no way makes me an expert however most people don’t realize what “flawless” paint looks like (I’m not suggesting you don’t know) even some really nice show cars have swirls and the owner doesn’t know it, but if he’s happy who cares!

On a brand new vehicle from factory (without dealer prep) there will still be swirls and holograms from buffing at the factory, the dealership might be equipped to address these imperfections but in the wrong hands a buffer can just make things way worse. Also I don’t believe that most dealerships are properly washing rail dust off cars with an actual quality fallout remover! Guarantee if you were to spray a product like CarPro IronX on a recently “detailed” car from a dealer there would still be rail dust in the crevasses.

As for the liability part of the equation that’s the real concern and I believe it comes down to the dealership. I did my own wash after taking delivery of my Mustang and had no issues having ford address 2 minor paint flaws (both fixed under warranty). That said I could see how another dealer might use the customer waiving the dealer wash as grounds to screw said customer.

It’s of course up to the individual and to be honest I’ll probably go way overboard on my broncos paint protection because that’s how I am and literally the next week drive it down some pretty narrow trails down to the beach so there’s that!

Anyways I would suggest even after the dealer wash going a hiring a professional to correct the paint and put a quality ceramic coating and or 3M clear bra like product on it. It’s a beautiful looking vehicle worthy of the time and $$ spent!

Cheers

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

God that front plate bracket looks like junk! I'm for sure not mounting mine there!

Love Velocity Blue!! What a beauty colour
No front license plates in Alberta. (Win!)

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 Supercrew LB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry in advance, this got a bit long!

I paint planes for a living and do paint correction & ceramic coating on the side for what it’s worth (and for context). It in no way makes me an expert however most people don’t realize what “flawless” paint looks like (I’m not suggesting you don’t know) even some really nice show cars have swirls and the owner doesn’t know it, but if he’s happy who cares!

On a brand new vehicle from factory (without dealer prep) there will still be swirls and holograms from buffing at the factory, the dealership might be equipped to address these imperfections but in the wrong hands a buffer can just make things way worse. Also I don’t believe that most dealerships are properly washing rail dust off cars with an actual quality fallout remover! Guarantee if you were to spray a product like CarPro IronX on a recently “detailed” car from a dealer there would still be rail dust in the crevasses.

As for the liability part of the equation that’s the real concern and I believe it comes down to the dealership. I did my own wash after taking delivery of my Mustang and had no issues having ford address 2 minor paint flaws (both fixed under warranty). That said I could see how another dealer might use the customer waiving the dealer wash as grounds to screw said customer.

It’s of course up to the individual and to be honest I’ll probably go way overboard on my broncos paint protection because that’s how I am and literally the next week drive it down some pretty narrow trails down to the beach so there’s that!

Anyways I would suggest even after the dealer wash going a hiring a professional to correct the paint and put a quality ceramic coating and or 3M clear bra like product on it. It’s a beautiful looking vehicle worthy of the time and $$ spent!

Cheers
Well said Mike. My Bronco is going to see a lot of off road so expecting some “pin stripping”. If it hold up half as well as my RZR I’ll be happy. Expecting to have to clay bar it often.

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really hope the guys at Sto n' Sho figure out how to remount that front plate lower down.... for the benefit of those of us in Ontario.... ugggg
I made one for my car, with those bronco bolts it should be fairly simple with some basic metal fabrication?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well said Mike. My Bronco is going to see a lot of off road so expecting some “pin stripping”. If it hold up half as well as my RZR I’ll be happy. Expecting to have to clay bar it often.
Yah man, it’s all personal preference!
I hope to ceramic coat all the nooks and crannies so when I do wash the filth just sheaths off!

I air dry my car in like 15min and with that hydrophobic factor it just wont let the water pool! I’m a ceramic coating fan boy! lol

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope the guys at Sto n' Sho figure out how to remount that front plate lower down.... for the benefit of those of us in Ontario.... ugggg
… And BC

One silver-lining to not having a build date yet is I (hope) there’s some more aftermarket solutions out, such as the front license plate mount, for when my Bronco does show up.

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

… And BC

One silver-lining to not having a build date yet is I (hope) there’s some more aftermarket solutions out, such as the front license plate mount, for when my Bronco does show up.
Simple to just fabricate something (especially if you got a modular bumper) and if you’re not good with your hands go to a local fabrication place and they should be able to Ben’s something up and pick up some factory holds somewhere?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simple to just fabricate something (especially if you got a modular bumper) and if you’re not good with your hands go to a local fabrication place and they should be able to Ben’s something up and pick up some factory holds somewhere?
Good idea - I’m not handy in the slightest, but I guess that’s one of the perks with the modular bumper too! As long as we stay away from the parking sensors, should have a few options.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oakville dealership said Badlands and WildTrak coming next week. Was supposed to be this week.
Sponsored