Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Greetings to all!

Question for my fellow Canadians. When placing your order with a dealer, have you been required to leave a deposit? I'm in Toronto and dealer is asking for a $1,000 deposit, with no commitments as to timing nor price and only providing me with a credit card receipt. When I asked about refundability, he essentially told me that no, it was not refundable.

I'm also curious what documentation or emails were received after placing your orders. I'm hesitating on placing my order but hoping the experiences of others will put my mind at ease.

Thanks everyone!
Go Leafs!
Sponsored

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer only asked me to put down a $100 deposit, the same as the reservation. They also said mine was 100 percent refundable if I backed out. Other trucks Ive ordered they have required $500 deposit, but it is always refundable. Ive never dealt with a dealer where the deposit wasnt refundable, weather it was ford, dodge, chevy or toyota. I would talk to some other dealers in your area. Usually a deposit is refundable incase you are not happy with what you ordered when it shows up.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No deposit required here in Western Ontario. Call another dealer to inquire. Non refundable down payment is not acceptable. They could sell your vehicle in a heartbeat if you declined. I would tell them your considering switching to another dealer if they insist on this down payment. They already sound like crooks this early in the game. Good luck.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't switch dealers in Canada without losing your reservation, 500-1000 is standard for a deposit but just get it in writing that it is indeed refundable.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

more dealer doo-doo,no refund no thanks!
Ford Bronco Canadian Orders-Dealer Deposit? dog poo

OP
OP
TrueNorthBronco

TrueNorthBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for everyone's reply. Dealer ended up settling for a $500 deposit and verbally committing that its refundable. I followed up with an email stating our understanding to have at least something in writing.

Historically I've always paid a deposit but delivery was within days of doing so. With all the uncertainty surrounding timing, price and financing, I really didn't want to do this. But I want the Bronco bad enough to cave!

Thanks again for the replies!
Sponsored