First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time watcher from the sidelines but had to share some info that I received from my dealer today.

Apparently the rules up here in the great white north are not anything close to what they are down in the states; and we are getting the short end of the stick. Below is from an internal email from Ford of Canada to my selected dealership. I may be cancelling my reservation as I have a feeling that my dealer is going to try and take me to the bank.

Ford Bronco Canadian Reservation Rules are totally different than US Rules Bronco FAQ
Sponsored

OP
OP
9DEMON9

9DEMON9

Badlands
First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, first thing I did when they started acting shystery... I'm just lucky I'm patient (first reservation: July 13, second reservation: September 10), if they do try anything I have a reservation with another dealer that I know is willing to play ball.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all seriousness. It seems like you guys are getting shafted up there, you might look into Canadas import laws and see if you can buy down here and just drive it up there and get it registered. (I have no idea what your laws are, maybe it could work)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Last I checked new vehicle imports are a pain in the but.

It's also cold, dark and full of crazies.
Not worth it to import, will probably be more expensive, and no warranty.

I’m sure Ford Canada is being strict on markups as in the US, it sounds like pricing craziness shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long time watcher from the sidelines but had to share some info that I received from my dealer today.

Apparently the rules up here in the great white north are not anything close to what they are down in the states; and we are getting the short end of the stick. Below is from an internal email from Ford of Canada to my selected dealership. I may be cancelling my reservation as I have a feeling that my dealer is going to try and take me to the bank.

Ford Bronco Canadian Reservation Rules are totally different than US Rules Bronco FAQ

That is different than what we have all together with the dealership needing allocation to get them...

I wonder how much difference the franchise laws are in Canada?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude... you guys get free healthcare, we get preference on Broncos... seems fair to me ;) /s

In all seriousness. It seems like you guys are getting shafted up there, you might look into Canadas import laws and see if you can buy down here and just drive it up there and get it registered. (I have no idea what your laws are, maybe it could work)

We cannot sell out of the country, must have a valid physical address...

I had a guy in England that also had a home in Missouri bought cars for his "staff" caring for his Missouri home...

We had to jump through much paperwork to prove the guy owned the property in Missouri...

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe we should find out who amongst us is using which dealer? And possibly consolidate our collective buying power.
If, for example, Kitchener Ford (my chosen dealer) is gonna ADM us, the first Bronco customer let's us Canadians know here, and notifies the dealer that they're doing so, and the possibilities of losing all those sales....?

Guinness24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe we should find out who amongst us is using which dealer? And possibly consolidate our collective buying power.
If, for example, Kitchener Ford (my chosen dealer) is gonna ADM us, the first Bronco customer let's us Canadians know here, and notifies the dealer that they're doing so, and the possibilities of losing all those sales....?
Kitchener ford guy is on this forum and they are not charging ADM. I am also from kitchener.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think you guys should do a group buy. Get as many as you can for your region and start talking to dealers. You've probably seen the Texas Buyers, the Maryland Buyers, and the one I'm heading up, East Coast Buyers groups around. Just us alone are 80 strong already. Looking at a few different dealers, waiting on some sort of incentive. Like the saying goes, there is strength in numbers! Good luck to you all.

OP
OP
9DEMON9

9DEMON9

Badlands
First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kitchener ford guy is on this forum and they are not charging ADM. I am also from kitchener.
One abbreviation to explain why I will not be buying outside of Alberta... PST (or HST for you really messed up provinces ?)

Guinness24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One abbreviation to explain why I will not be buying outside of Alberta... PST (or HST for you really messed up provinces ?)
Unfortunately you guys are in dire trouble...HST is coming!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm glad I did a ton of legwork before reserving. My dealer is on the up and up.

If anyone is in a bad situation I'd just make another reservation with a new dealer and hope for the best. Might be a while before delivery but at least you may pay less.

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have faith in Kitchener ford, a few of us have already reserved at this location and all my emails to them have been responded to in a timely manner. like i mentioned in another post i'm well aware that i wasn't among the first massive wave of reservations so i know i'm near the middle of the wait list. but i really want this vehicle so its worth the wait. how about a Canada Forrest green color....... just saying ??
Sponsored