First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2013 Ford Focus S Manual, 2018 F150 XLT 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone else canceled their Bronco reservation do to towing capability? I don't believe that I can safely tow my 20" geo-pro travel trailer with the Bronco. My camper is 4000 with full tanks clear, grey & black and 3300 empty plus me and the Lab. This is an area that I wish Ford had addressed to gain a bit more of an edge on their competitor. If the Bronco could tow 4000-5000lbs safely it would be no big deal but it's the exact same 3500lbs no edge there. I really don't like having to step up to a full size truck, I guess the Ranger is an option. I really wanted a smaller SUV, my whole plan was to get a 4 door Bronco and pull my geo-pro out west, establish a basecamp and go do some off road exploring. If this is truly the route I have to go I'll be getting 2 door manual down the road.
Should I return my Pineapple & Ham decal?
Sponsored

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely concerning to me since this will be my only truck. Is the 3500lbs figure official?

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can switch to the LR Defender with an 8,200# towing capacity.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Toyota could really clean up with the next-gen 4Runner; there are lots of folks that would give up a removable roof in exchange for double the towing capacity, more payload, more interior room, less wind noise, etc. The only thing that's held the 4Runner back is that it's always at least a decade behind tech-wise and recently it's styled like some sort of Predator/Storm Trooper mash-up.

If the next 4Runner offered a 6MT with a turbo 6 and was styled more like the 4th-gen, I'd rock that. But Toyota will surely make it hybrid-only, CVT-only, and styled like a cyborg mated with a platypus, so it won't come to that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.