Sponsored

Cancelled my order

• Thread starter Deleted member 19381
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 19381

So, I have found out that my order was changed to a 2022 (no notice from dealer) and it is now priority code 99 (do not schedule). I have decided to wait for the supply issues to be corrected and I will revisit my desire to own a Bronco in a year from now. Order was cancelled by me due to all of this. Will I get a confirmation from Ford that my order was cancelled and when can I expect FoMoCo to refund my deposit I paid them in July of 2020?
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, I have found out that my order was changed to a 2022 (no notice from dealer) and it is now priority code 99 (do not schedule). I have decided to wait for the supply issues to be corrected and I will revisit my desire to own a Bronco in a year from now. Order was cancelled by me due to all of this. Will I get a confirmation from Ford that my order was cancelled and when can I expect FoMoCo to refund my deposit I paid them in July of 2020?
Your $100 went to the dealer not ford. They’ll have to refund you. I’d be willing to bet you were 99d because you didn’t resubmit your order for a 22.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19381

Your $100 went to the dealer not ford. They’ll have to refund you. I’d be willing to bet you were 99d because you didn’t resubmit your order for a 22.
I paid my deposit to Ford Motor Company on 7/15/2020 and have the confirming email from Ford that they received it. My order was "converted" to a 2022 in October and no one from either Ford or my dealer alerted me to the change. However, this is the first time I have dealt with a dealer in the Lithia network and will likely be my last.

EDIT: I found that although I paid it to FoMoCo, it does show on my banking statement that it was processed by my dealer. I stand corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you paid Ford, who then paid the dealer, The consensus seems to be that reservations not converted to orders and then held (code 99) were cancelled by Ford around 2022MY ordering time. Makes sense, right? A reservation to order a 2021 Bronco was not much good when you could no longer order a 2021.

In actual fact, your dealer looks like they did everything right, what Ford asked them to do with the reservations, and what was in your best interest if you ever wanted to use that reservation to get a Bronco. A pity they didn't communicate with you well enough to explain that. I am assuming you didn't ignore attempts by them to contact you or just cancel without talking to them.

The dealer has your $100, they will be the ones refunding it. To get a timeline, you would be needing to contact your dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 19381

I ain't sweating what the dealer does with "my" order...there are 5 Ford dealers in my area. I can take my biz to one of them, especially to the Ford/Lincoln dealer that sold me my 2021 Corsair.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would have just let the $100 ride. Maybe you would have got a surprise phone call in a year telling you to come pick it up, then you could have decided what to do with it.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you had a MY '21 order that couldn't be built, it would have moved to a MY '22 build. In October you should have received an email from Ford explaining that you would need to soon contact your dealer to re-order for a MY '22 build. Your dealer should have reached out to you to come in and reorder your build for MY '22 production.

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The other option is you could have just waited as a 2023 Bronco and would have still been price protected but now you lost all that...

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Should have just kept it 99ed.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford converted all unscheduled 2021 orders automatically to 2022 orders with priority code 99. Then your dealer was supposed to reach out to you, confirm your order and 2022 pricing, and change the priority code back to 10-19.

Sounds like your dealer just never reached out to you. So probably a good idea that you canceled even though that also means you lost price protection. Ouch, but also wouldn’t want to give my business to that sort of dealer anyway.

As others have said, once you converted your reservation to an order last winter/spring that $100 went to the dealer, so hopefully the dealer is prompt about getting that back to you.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19381

I just reached out to my salesman and told him that if they promise not to try and slide an ADM onto my Bronco, I will leave the order in place. I ain't really sweating the Hondo...We'll see what they say.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't want to sound harsh but you were notified. We were all notified from Ford directly on the actions being taken for open orders. If you failed to reach out to your dealer, the conversion to 22MY was one of those default actions. During the actual order process, most dealers asked for more earnest money, beyond the initial $100 and it would apply towards your deposition. Did you put down more money when you placed your order? Its been like a year and a half since reservations began. Have you not had any communication with your dealer during that time? I imagine just about everyone here has had at least one call to their salesman in that time frame. I wish you luck with the other 4 dealers in your area, but honestly, they likely would of responded the same...

OP
OP

Deleted member 19381

So, latest update here is, they have a 2021 Black Diamond 4 door trim and color I ordered but with a soft top and the 2.3L / 10 speed auto...I went and drove it. It's a customer order that the customer is wavering on...said I could buy it, but the dealership wants an ADM that he thinks he can "get it down" to 6-7K over MSRP. Liked the drive, the 2.3L / 10spd combo is surprising and I would have made the deal then and there...but I will not pay an ADM...so, I kept my 2022 order in place, updated the options and advised my salesman that I am now openly shopping this vehicle and when a dealer agrees to sell me one without the ADM, they will get the sale. It may be them, they need to get off their high horse (no pun intended) and sell me a Bronco. Their excuse for the ADM is the first o got sold at MSRP and the buyer then sold it for a 25K profit...I told him I am buying it to drive it, not to sell it.

We'll see.....

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, latest update here is, they have a 2021 Black Diamond 4 door trim and color I ordered but with a soft top and the 2.3L / 10 speed auto...I went and drove it. It's a customer order that the customer is wavering on...said I could buy it, but the dealership wants an ADM that he thinks he can "get it down" to 6-7K over MSRP. Liked the drive, the 2.3L / 10spd combo is surprising and I would have made the deal then and there...but I will not pay an ADM...so, I kept my 2022 order in place, updated the options and advised my salesman that I am now openly shopping this vehicle and when a dealer agrees to sell me one without the ADM, they will get the sale. It may be them, they need to get off their high horse (no pun intended) and sell me a Bronco. Their excuse for the ADM is the first o got sold at MSRP and the buyer then sold it for a 25K profit...I told him I am buying it to drive it, not to sell it.

We'll see.....
that's nonsense and probably a lie on the adm thing coupled with the fact it's none of the dealers damn business what people do with their vehicles after they buy them.

You better get that no adm thing in writing because your dealer sounds like a sleazeball.
Sponsored