First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This was dirty Mike's and the boys Dirt Mountain Storage Complex f'shack until just last week.

Dirty Mike Levine says thanks! He's helping make dust, and not collecting it.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, the first time we drive our bronco down our road to the house it will look worse than that even if the roads are dry. Lmao

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol she took it for a test drive to see if it could handle the local terrain

blamed it on Ford plus shipping

edit: it did arrive last week 🤣😭😢😂😭😭
In the Bay Area it might happen, “my” family owned dealership doesn’t pull that kind of stuff. Your not in business 100 years with that kind of reputation. Probably not even out of transport mode.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it didn’t happen unless there are pics. Bronco was to arrive last week but delays pushed it the this week was trying to hold out before leaving the weekend at the beach. 3 hours into a 6 hour trip dealer calls “Guess what?” SHIT@!. Oh well what’s another couple days. “I’ve got some bad news it came in damaged, doors scratched, 40 miles on odometer and has been off road already, but we’ll clean it up and park it in the showroom”. I love the sales manager she’s been the best to work with otherwise I’d be pissed. She tells me she’s leaving for Texas Saturday for the Maverick dealer showcase won’t be back till Thursday. What’s a couple more days? I’ve waited this long and I’m alright with it. Get a text this morning fire in showroom fire dept showed up, Bronco was saved we got it out. So much for non-smoker barely used Bronco in the for sale ad.

(UPDATE) as a two reservation holder and fleet customer I highly doubt the dealer would do anything to jeopardize our relationship, since the fight I had with 1st dealer converting my reservation to an order without ever talking to me, and them working with dealer rep to get it moved. It was probably used as a dirt mountain shuttle bus.

(UPDATE) miles are going to and from holding lots. Dealer doesn’t even have it out of transport mode yet. Showroom “fire” was small, I just think it’s funny at this point. Not a dealer issue for me and glad they are honest enough to share info with me, most dealers try to hide it. This is more of a Ford can do better than this. I really feel for the dealers - low inventory, less than perfect product launches. Always had Fords always will.

View attachment 162885

View attachment 162886

View attachment 162887

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Randomly selected for road testing is one thing.

"Randomly selected" for off-road testing is another.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m betting this dealer knows a lot more than they are admitting too. Absolutely no way did Ford take a newly assembled vehicle “off road” and not document it.

I will say, that dirt is not bad. I could easily see it happening during transport. But the fact that the dealer says someone took it off road tells they know exactly what happened, and it wasn’t from Ford or the transportation service.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LMAO, that's dirty?
That's nothing!

If you guys saw what many of these look like when they get pulled off the hauler, you'd be horrified!
It's simply amazing how much crap gets on these vehicles on open car haulers.
In the winter time, it'd make you sick. All the salt and grime and grit....

Source: I used to detail cars for delivery (or for the lot) at the local dealer. They're so nasty right off the truck , you couldn't just put them on the lot.
I agree, most vehicles are exposed to the elements during shipping. Unless it is some crazy expensive vehicle that gets put in an enclosed trailer. I wonder if they rail their vehicles to PA, possible the people at the railyard got a little rambunctious. Rail yards are about as dirty as the inside of your fireplace chimney.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, how did she know it had been off road if it just showed up (later than scheduled) on a truck? There is no way. She knows it was off-road because she has knowledge that it has been off road. Either First or second hand. They sent it out on a test drive with a customer or an employee, betting on customer, who beat the shit out of it off road, at least that is my thinking.
40 miles minus any miles put on at the factory doesn't seem like enough for the dealer to let a customer test drive off road. Like even if there was an off road site right next to the dealer that's not a lot of driving.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey how many MY21 Broncos will have been in a showroom fire. Certainly that will up the future value of this unique Bronco! ;)
Dammit, now I have to do a controlled burn at the dealer so my rig doesn't get torched, but maintains its "rare" status.

FYI: 2021, Antimatter Blue, Base 2dr, Dirt Mountain Gang member ... they just don't build them like that anymore! LOL

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who the hell is off road testing it?! That is crap. Ford already did all the off road testing so that crap shouldn't have happened. I was lucky and got my bronco with 5 miles on it

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@79Crewzer
Sorry for your string of bad luck, but like you said at least the manager has been communicating with you and you are getting your Bronco.
Question, did the manager say "its been off roding" or did she say "it looks like it has been off roading"??
Just curious

On a lighter note.....

Thats not what it looks like when you are off roading, this is😁

Ford Bronco Cannot get any worse, arrived at dealer muddy, damaged, 40 miles on odometer, dealership showroom fire 20210821_173607

Ford Bronco Cannot get any worse, arrived at dealer muddy, damaged, 40 miles on odometer, dealership showroom fire 20210821_173611

Ford Bronco Cannot get any worse, arrived at dealer muddy, damaged, 40 miles on odometer, dealership showroom fire 20210821_174151

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should have bought it from @DealerInsider in Horsham. Tom offers a modest discount and has a no-showroom-fire guarantee. 😉
I have always wondered why people don’t do more research on buying something this expensive, there was another forum member who flew in 1500 miles to IowA bought from a dealer that wasn’t Granger because they offered him MSRP, 1st off how did you not know about Granger’s below invoice offer and gimme a break he couldn’t find a “MSRP” closer to home?! People
Amaze me…🤔😳

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or this

“Dear owner, your bronco was randomly selected for extreme condition testing lasting 40miles.
The good news is it passed and your warranty is moved back 40 miles to cover our testing.
The bad news is we randomly throw Molotov cocktails on thursday nights after a happy hour with the boys. We may or may not have hit your show room.
Don’t worry, we’ve filled your truck with several bottles of Febreeze and a fire extinguisher just in case.

Enjoy your bronco!!! ….we sure did!

love the bronco boys”
This sounds more like a dirty Mike and the boys scenario.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tell the dealer you want $3000 off your agreed upon price, for depreciation. Then whether or not they do it, slam them in all the online reviews you can. They need to have consequences.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.