JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies, I tried searching in advance but haven't been able to find definitive information on this.

I originally placed a reservation for a 4-door wildtrak but ended up switching to a badlands because I didn't want the two-tone tan interior and the hood graphics. I submitted my badlands build with my dealer, but we're running into three issues. When I spec the 2.7L engine (w/ the Sasquatch and lux packages), it won't let me add the brush guard, sound deadening headliner and paint protection film without downgrading to the 2.3L engine. I tried my best to search on here and found a couple of posts eluding to an issue with the gross vehicle weight preventing adding them?

Is this correct? Does anyone know if the dealer can override this? You can spec an identical wildtrak with all of them. Worst case, can the dealer install the brush guard when the car arrives?

The headliner seems to be an easy fix with aftermarket hotheads products, which seem to be better quality and are less expensive. The paint protection is a bit annoying since any aftermarket solution will be more expensive.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes its correct. It has to do with the GVWR. It adds too much weight so you have to drop it somewhere. Search GVWR and you’ll find more on it.

OP
OP

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. The only thing I can't find is whether the brush guard can be ordered separately and installed by the dealer? Does it just bolt on to the bumper?

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it does. Just order it after

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. The only thing I can't find is whether the brush guard can be ordered separately and installed by the dealer? Does it just bolt on to the bumper?
Yes it just bolts on

Sponsored
OP
OP

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Odd that you can add the winch as a factory installed option but not the brush guard.

Any insight on the paint protection film? I'd add it as a $295 factory option, but no interest in spending $1,500+ on aftermarket for a car like this.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is weird, does it allow for the modular bumper (comes with skid plates) you would think the brush guard alone would add minimal additional weight...

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford is currently designing and crash testing new brush guards of various heights that will be both functional and not interfere with with the forward facing camera or block the "BRONCO" wording on the grill. They won't be avaliable at Bronco launch but can order later from dealer to self install. My source is from the horses mouth ;)

OP
OP

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found my answer re the paint protection film; it isn't available with the Sasquatch package. Also appears to be better/cheaper options for the headliner with hotheads.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored