Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really swaying towards 35s!! There just sooooo.... sweet looking!!! I'm not regretting this later
You can always go down to the 33s later and reap the benefits of "gaining" more mpg, better acceleration, better handling (for whatever that means in a tall truck), less expensive tires, better choice in types of tread patterns and the spare will be lighter too.

This is personally my plan, get the Squatch, wear the tires out (meh 30-40k ish maybe?) and then put on 33s if I'm not digging the 35s. That way, if that 2" is even noticeable, it would look like the truck just got a lift.
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d say if you are on the fence get the 33s. If you don’t like them sell the wheel tire package for $1k and pick up 35” sas takeoffs for $2k and fenders/bumper extensions and springs for $1k. Now that I’m saying that for $500 savings and the time/work involved just get the sas.it probably will take a little while for those parts to hit the shelves anyway if you can’t get takeoffs.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For my 4 door JL the 33's that came stock just didnt look right. I ended up going to 35s. I really think the 4 door Bronco needs 35s to look cool. For my 2 door JL the 33's look perfect. Since you are going 4 door I'd say get the 35s and as mentioned just drop down to a 33 later down the road if you think it is too much.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Cant decide between 35s and 33s on the Badlands 4 door 1609366909411

camera angle is slightly different but damn it's hard to see a difference. That is unless you have been staring at tire sizes every day for the last 6 months.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can always go down to the 33s later and reap the benefits of "gaining" more mpg, better acceleration, better handling (for whatever that means in a tall truck), less expensive tires, better choice in types of tread patterns and the spare will be lighter too.
Is that easy? The Squatch rims (which I really like) are 1/2" wider than the Badlands rims, and a full inch wider than the other trims. Would I have a lot of options for 8 1/2" rims?

This wheel and tire stuff reminds me of when I bought my Challenger. I immediately ditched the 20" chrome wheels with run flats and got really cool 17" MOPAR rims with fatter tires. The look was so much better than stock.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that easy? The Squatch rims are 1/2" wider than the Badlands rims, and a full inch wider than the other trims. Would I have a lot of options for 8 1/2" rims?

This wheel and tire stuff reminds me of when I bought my Challenger. I immediately ditched the 20" chrome wheel with run flats and got really cool 17" MOPAR rims with fatter tires. The look was so much better than stock.
Without doing boatloads of tire/rim research, yes, putting tires onto a smaller (albeit reasonably close) is possible and safe. The offset is different yes but that in itself doesn't affect or effect anything negatively. What you MIGHT see, and only might, is a slightly shorter 33" tire because the sidewalls mush outwards due to a wider rim.

Heck, Ford designed each trim to be legit with Sasquatch, Probably designed the tuck around the 35s to a certain degree. Doing that they most likely worked with their tire manufacturers on a very decent handling tire. This thing SHOULDN'T handle like a 35 year old transit bus with a worn out steering box on ice.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dislike the wider "nanny-flares" that come with Sasquatch, but also recognize that they could easily be swapped for narrower versions.
They might have a different angle to them as well. Where the Squatch flares are more straight in order to prevent getting caught on the wheel during full articulation.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Without doing boatloads of tire/rim research, yes, putting tires onto a smaller (albeit reasonably close) is possible and safe. The offset is different yes but that in itself doesn't affect or effect anything negatively. What you MIGHT see, and only might, is a slightly shorter 33" tire because the sidewalls mush outwards due to a wider rim.

Heck, Ford designed each trim to be legit with Sasquatch, Probably designed the tuck around the 35s to a certain degree. Doing that they most likely worked with their tire manufacturers on a very decent handling tire. This thing SHOULDN'T handle like a 35 year old transit bus with a worn out steering box on ice.
Stop using those question marks in your signature line. Cactus Gray rocks! ?

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My last big decision, i can't decide between the two sizes? For me its about the look I won't be going off road much if at all! Is there really a big difference in appearance and does it justify a sasquatch package and price to get into 35s?
The 33s considered would be the optional beadlock. I really like the 35 look but price is really getting up there!!
Also , if anyone has a side by side comparison picture that would be awesome. Thanks
i‘d go have a look at a Jeep Rubicon. It’s relatively the same size with 33 inch tires. If they seem too small get the 35 if it same fine get the 33. I’d get the 33, you can always change them later

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stop using those question marks in your signature line. Cactus Gray rocks! ?
I'm trying to decide if I would "get tired" of it. I had a CJ7 that I painted a similar blue to the VB and while it was nice I kind of got tired of it. BUT I'm done with white vehicles, black doesn't seem spiffy enough, and the silvers are meh. Just had a yellow car so CO is out and the reds... I had a red 84 HiLux but in some light it seemed pinkish/orange. So, yeah...

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They might have a different angle to them as well. Where the Squatch flares are more straight in order to prevent getting caught on the wheel during full articulation.
Ford Bronco Cant decide between 35s and 33s on the Badlands 4 door AR-200709832

Haha, he said full articulation.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No doubt about it. The only argument being thrown back and forth on this thread is the look.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem is the tires are too small.

Ford Bronco Cant decide between 35s and 33s on the Badlands 4 door 014b86676e5aa2fc24a871eb0761c65a--australia-car-stuff
Sponsored