Sponsored

Capable bumper listed as “Steel bumper” ?

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this was asked before , my apologies. When I went in to my dealership on Thursday to make some small changes he knew nothing about the new bumper. In his ordering system it showed as “steel bumper”. Is that the new capable bumper with the fog lights included?
Thanks
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. In the 22 order guide it is called steel bumper. In the 22 price guide there are two options for the HD mod bumper, the cheaper one notated as "ilo steel", ilo short for in lieu of.

OP
OP

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I suspect as with most of us on this forum , I seemed to far more aware of changes and things than the sales manager was. His ordering system only showed modular and the plastic bumpers as options but steel was standard .

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks. I suspect as with most of us on this forum , I seemed to far more aware of changes and things than the sales manager was. His ordering system only showed modular and the plastic bumpers as options but steel was standard .

Yeah, I'm not expecting much from the sales folk. I've watched enough dealer walk around videos on youtube to know that the amount of them that actually have a firm grasp of the Bronco is a very small number.

If you go on the B&P you can see the fogs on the bumper for the capable bumper. Also, this thread has pics of it in the wild, better than the computer generated B&P rendering.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tch-capable-bumper-spotted-in-the-wild.25132/

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends on trim, which of the 3 bumpers are standard.

Sponsored

Skmarshall

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '16 Escape, '19 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but is it confirmed that the capable bumper has fog lights in every trim level? They are in all of the pictures but I don't see it specified on the B&P and I don't exactly trust Ford at this point.

OP
OP

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe it showed that they were standard on the Badlands I have ordered

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As said yes "steel bumper" is the capable bumper. It does come with fogs, so if you're upgrading to ARB, 4WP, etc I'd suggest just sticking with the standard capable bumper on BD and BL. If you don't plan on upgrading at all then go with the HD.

My 2cents
Sponsored