Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The capable front bumper is actually an upgrade to the heavy duty modular front bumper. It was developed by the Ford Performance Group.

Bronco Bumpers.jpg
Oh wow. This is in the B&P? I'd much rather have the capable than the heavy duty just for the fogs.
Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

heavy duty does not allow for end cap removal. that's the capable
If you zoom in on the cyber orange you can see the bronco bolts on the end. Modular, hence modular end caps come off.

Clearly the capable when zooming and looking is one piece.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But description does say capable can have end caps removed ?‍♂

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you zoom in on the cyber orange you can see the bronco bolts on the end. Modular, hence modular end caps come off.

Clearly the capable when zooming and looking is one piece.
I don't even remember them talking about the capable bumper. Only thing I see is that if you pick the capable you lose the bash plate and can't add the brush guard

Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't even remember them talking about the capable bumper. Only thing I see is that if you pick the capable you lose the bash plate and can't add the brush guard
I don’t either not even a mention of a third option...do we trust/gamble picture and description I don’t know. Modular we have seen in every badlands and off-road video.

I just don’t know.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
keep this in mind. Aftermarket bumpers will most likely not account for the sensor in the bumper. I have a raptor and no aftermarket bumper will account for the acc sensor. You will have to relocate the sensor and these sensors are sensitive and not easy to relocate.

Neither... My suggestion... Take it for what its worth...
I'm going with the stock WildTrax bumper (which actually looks good and has no upgrade cost) Upon delivery, if i don't like the stock bumper, I'll upgrade from Quadratec or RPG, et al. The aftermarket is ramping up quickly and will have options avail. e.g. Tirerack already has the Bronco on their site. The aftermarket will provide a better option with integrated winch mounting, light bar mounting, and skid plate options. etc.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t either not even a mention of a third option...do we trust/gamble picture and description I don’t know. Modular we have seen in every badlands and off-road video.

I just don’t know.
I'm probably sticking with the modular since it comes with the bash plates. What's wierd is that they made it seem like a steel rear bumper would come with the modular, but there isn't even anything about the rear bumper anymore

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like Ford is offering two different upgraded bumpers. Capable Front Bumper ($995) and Heavy-duty modular ($825). I'm still undecided on which one to get. Like to get folks thoughts on which one they prefer and why. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20201026-072442_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201026-073235_Chrome.jpg
Is the capable bumper standard on the Wildtrak? B&P allows to add it but looks the same. Kind of like rock rails on the BD/BL... just not sure

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks like Ford is offering two different upgraded bumpers. Capable Front Bumper ($995) and Heavy-duty modular ($825). I'm still undecided on which one to get. Like to get folks thoughts on which one they prefer and why. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20201026-072442_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201026-073235_Chrome.jpg
if your planning on upgrading your bumper you may just want to wait and go with an aftermarket bumper unless you plan on having Ford install a winch when you buy your Bronco. I'd take a look at this website and look at the section for bumpers. Many of the vendors listed on the site already have sections set up for the Bronco on their websites.

https://www.interactivegarage.com/interactive-garage-demo

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So do the "winch ready" bumpers come with stiffer springs in the front?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According discription they'll both take the winch.
The capable bumper doesn't look as deep as the modular. Is it steel and do the fog lights come with it?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wasn’t there a pic of the capable bumper with the end caps removed? Maybe MOAB or Rubicon?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting.. one of the biggest debates was about the Modular Bumper losing the Fog lights, switches, and even wire harness.

If they now have an Accessory bumper that keeps the Fog lights it changes the game. But why would that one more expensive if the material is so much less that the Modular?
If it includes the fog lights, that may be enough to make up the difference.
Sponsored