mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shoot im just going to make one i like the shorty look.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check out build and price. All 3 bumpers are available on Outer Banks. This is one of the last things I'm trying to decide. I was planning on the modular bumper and brush bar and add fog lights later. Suddenly, no X plan happened and now I may want to skip the modular bumper to make up the price difference. I'll probably just stick with the bumper that comes with it.
Yes, according to the B&P, if the trim has a plastic bumper, you can have all 3, but if you start with a HD bumper, you cannot go with the capable. I assume the reason is that they are pretty much the same price and similarly "capable". So for the plastic crowd (Base, BB, OB, and WT) you can pretty much have your pick of the two upgrades - for a price of course. :)

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to see the “Capable Bumper” with the end caps removed. Curious if it’s similar to the Rubicon “stubby” bumper when the caps and wings are removed. ??‍♂

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
The modular comes on an ordered Bronco from factory, so you just have the modular bumper on your Bronco, I get that.

Since capable bumper is a DIO, does the Bronco come from the factory with the standard bumper, then dealer installs capable bumper, and you get to keep the standard bumper too?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They both do. HD mod just doesn’t detach like the Jeep ones do, the bottom part of the wing gets removed.

B708EE93-4C09-4C57-A178-4A470818E01E.jpeg
Does this look like the skid plates go pretty far back underneath?

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What about the bar on the capable bumper? Some pics show a short bar with a winch attached, but I don't see that bar listed on B & P. The only one I see is the taller one for the modular bumper. I like the bar, but would prefer the built in fog lights.
What bar? The safari one? Don't know, I personally am not interested in that feature.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BD comes with the modular one, if I wasn't getting a BD I'd stick with the plastic bumper and go aftermarket.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are expensive fog lights.
Yeah... but it's Fog Lights... and the OEM switch... and the Harness... and dashboard/vehicle integration....

Just to cross reference things here. The Bronco Parts and Accessories Guide came out.

While it is a CGI image, the Bronco they picked for the cover is a Badlands rocking a bunch of accessories, including the "Capable Bumper."

My intention is to spec the Capable bumper on a Badlands, just for the OEM Fog functionality, and eventually replace the bumper with an aftermarket one when they become available.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-guide-including-pricing-part-numbers.8249/
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 11.30.46

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Capable bumper is in B&P down under Accessories/Exterior/Bumpers Roof etc.
After market is the way to go if you are going to spend money on upgrading the bumper, unless you plan on having Ford install a winch for you.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone seen the capable bumper with end caps removed?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... but it's Fog Lights... and the OEM switch... and the Harness... and dashboard/vehicle integration....

Just to cross reference things here. The Bronco Parts and Accessories Guide came out.

While it is a CGI image, the Bronco they picked for the cover is a Badlands rocking a bunch of accessories, including the "Capable Bumper."

My intention is to spec the Capable bumper on a Badlands, just for the OEM Fog functionality, and eventually replace the bumper with an aftermarket one when they become available.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-guide-including-pricing-part-numbers.8249/
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 11.30.46
My thought is to use the pre-wired overhead switches included in the mid package for aftermarket fogs.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interestingly, you cannot add the "capable bumper" to the Badlands (I'd assume to BD as well), because when you add the "capable bumper" to the other trims, it removes the upgraded bash plates if you have optioned them. Since the bash plates are standard on the BD and BL, the B&P will not let you add the "capable bumper". Which seems silly, and something wrong with the configurator!

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t check BL, but BD can’t option the bumper, think you might run into similar on BL because they are both rocking the HD.
Sponsored