Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like Ford is offering two different upgraded bumpers. Capable Front Bumper ($995) and Heavy-duty modular ($825). I'm still undecided on which one to get. Like to get folks thoughts on which one they prefer and why. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20201026-072442_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201026-073235_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would like to know what's actually modular about the bumper. Neither look wide enough to add a winch

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to know what's actually modular about the bumper. Neither look wide enough to add a winch
According discription they'll both take the winch.

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like one has fog lights that can be installed. Are they both metal?
Looks like the the heavy duty is metal and the capable plastic, but might have metal bracket under plastic.

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both are steel. I dont know why the capable says Modular, but the actual modular one has the wings that come off for better approach angle. I have never seen the capable with a winch...and in fact I thought the capable was late availability and why the Black Diamond and Badlands came with the Modular as standard rather than as an option.

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Decisions - Decisions. As far as I can tell the capable will give you the foglights and the Heavy Duty gives you the ablity to remove ends for better offroading and rock climbing. Still not sure which one I like better, good thing we have until Dec. to order.
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper 2021-Ford-Bronco-scaled
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper cactus-gray-4-door-bronco-launch-vehicle-1

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Decisions - Decisions. As far as I can tell the capable will give you the foglights and the Heavy Duty gives you the ablity to remove ends for better offroading and rock climbing. Still not sure which one I like better, good thing we have until Dec. to order.
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper cactus-gray-4-door-bronco-launch-vehicle-1
heavy duty does not allow for end cap removal. that's the capable

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Neither... My suggestion... Take it for what its worth...
I'm going with the stock WildTrax bumper (which actually looks good and has no upgrade cost) Upon delivery, if i don't like the stock bumper, I'll upgrade from Quadratec or RPG, et al. The aftermarket is ramping up quickly and will have options avail. e.g. Tirerack already has the Bronco on their site. The aftermarket will provide a better option with integrated winch mounting, light bar mounting, and skid plate options. etc.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like the the heavy duty is metal and the capable plastic, but might have metal bracket under plastic.
I agree, the capable looks like plastic, the modular is steel. Every pic I see with the winch it's attached to the modular steel. Something isn't right in B&P regarding the front bumper offerings.

I saw a post on here somewhere, the winch and platform will work on both bumpers?

I want that winch platform (without the winch) to show up in B&P as an add-on accessory!! Ford!?

Edit: Capable is not an option on BD, maybe because it already comes with the modular.

Last edited:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice if there was a Bumper Delete Option in the B&P for those who will be going aftermarket for them....

Deleted member 2346

heavy duty does not allow for end cap removal. that's the capable
The heavy duty allows removal of end caps and lower portion.

Capable is considered “modular” because it will accept attachments to the front of it where the D rings are. Unbolt those and attach a winch, etc. I feel the capable does have plastic trims though.