Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah for me, I ruled out the HD Modular as soon as we realized that you lose the fog lights (and most likely the entire wiring). Then I saw this Capable bumper that did nothing but raise a bunch of unanswered questions... but one thing is for sure.. they want $1k for it and it still doesn't come with a rear metal bumper.

So for me, pretty sure that 1k or close to it will get me an aftermarket and "for that reason I'm out" :)
I'm still not sure what rear bumper you get when you order the HD Modular front bumper.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On BD, IDK about other trims, you get a steel rear bumper per the reference guide posted yesterday

I'm still not sure what rear bumper you get when you order the HD Modular front bumper.
I would guess the plastic rear

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Old thread resurrection, but I'm still getting the Modular Front bumper because there is no other way to get the bash plates.
N675EGZ.jpg

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Come on Ford, .....with order date fast approaching, how is a customer to decide on these two bumper options. Ford doesn't even tell you what material the "capable bumper" is made of and whether the fog lights come with it or not.
Being under an accessory, the dealer may have to paint this "capable bumper".

At least tell us the material its made of.
People that have seen it have said it's steel.

And the picture shows fog lights. So why is there a question as to whether or not it has fog lights?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Old thread resurrection, but I'm still getting the Modular Front bumper because there is no other way to get the bash plates.
N675EGZ.jpg
I've always expected to pick up aftermarket bash plates or maybe even a set off a Badlands when the owner decides to upgrade.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why is everyone so concerned with fog lights? I’ve always had them but rarely use them. Is it more for off-road use to light the ground? Just curious.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t see how the capable bumper could have the end caps removed. Looks like one piece of plastic. Doesn’t look steel at all.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is everyone so concerned with fog lights? I’ve always had them but rarely use them. Is it more for off-road use to light the ground? Just curious.
Conspicuity.

I like having fog lights to be seen by other drivers. (Not to see better myself.)

I explained this in another thread, but the short-of-the-long-of-it is that by adding additional lights that create a geometric closed shape (a square in this case with the headlights, or a triangle in the case of motorcycles), it makes it for other drivers to more naturally and quickly judge distance and closing speeds.... lessening the change someone will misjudge and pull out in front of you.

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Conspicuity.

I like having fog lights to be seen by other drivers. (Not to see better myself.)

I explained this in another thread, but the short-of-the-long-of-it is that by adding additional lights that create a geometric closed shape (a square in this case with the headlights, or a triangle in the case of motorcycles), it makes it for other drivers to more naturally and quickly judge distance and closing speeds.... lessening the change someone will misjudge and pull out in front of you.
That’s an interesting theory. Never would’ve thought about that.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s an interesting theory. Never would’ve thought about that.
Yeah, it's a well documented thing in the motorcycle community. Triangle or "T" of light is how it's known.

This is anecdotal, but I noted a precipitous drop in the amount of people pulling out in front of me, even if they had plenty of time, when I added lights to make a triangle to my primary motorcycle.

Two headlights on a car already provide some subconscious closing speed info to the observer (as the lights get further apart as they near), but adding at least one other light to create that closed geometric shape means the object is changing size in 2 dimensions, which is much easier for the mind to make sense of.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Conspicuity.

Plus as you get older any additional light helps. ?:geek:

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, it's a well documented thing in the motorcycle community. Triangle or "T" of light is how it's known.

This is anecdotal, but I noted a precipitous drop in the amount of people pulling out in front of me, even if they had plenty of time, when I added lights to make a triangle to my primary motorcycle.

Two headlights on a car already provide some subconscious closing speed info to the observer (as the lights get further apart as they near), but adding at least one other light to create that closed geometric shape means the object is changing size in 2 dimensions, which is much easier for the mind to make sense of.
My brain hurts now. That’s way too much knowledge.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And I think the primary is not the Fog lights as much as the removal of the factory wiring and switch. If I knew 100% the fog light plug was just tucked up under there, I would opt for the Modular myself most likely.
Sponsored